UVA Uechi Club

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Dale Houser

UVA Uechi Club

Post by Dale Houser »

Has the UVA club disbanded? The web site is gone and the UVA Student Activities Center web site says it's inactive. http://scs.student.virginia.edu/~uechi/

They had some good resources and I occasionally went there to research some things. If it is down, would someone be able to get and host their Uechi-only content, like their Kata and bunkai steps/explanations? Or is there another site like it? Thanks.
The martial arts begin and end with respect...
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I was just on that website 2 weeks ago. Could be it is only some server issues, but I really do not know.
Glenn
IJ

Post by IJ »

The web site HAS been inactive, as no one had updated it in the 6 years since I wrote it and Tim Ahearn programmed it. It's gone and come back at least once before. If it stays down perhaps the student activities people have the files or Tim might, I can get ahold of him. I don't have any contacts in VA but Bill may, and they could spearhead the search.
--Ian
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

There was definitely worthwhile info on it, I referred back to it several times over the years for information.
Glenn
Chris McKaskell

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Me too, and I know others who used it as well.

If the info can be located I'm sure there are many others besides these who could benefit as well!
Chris
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

It appears not to be a server issue, but it might yet be a transitory disruption.
Group Name: Virginia Uechi-Ryu Karate Club (NOT ACTIVE)
This organization is not currently active. It may be pending approval for the current school year, or disbanded entirely.
It would be nice to host it elsewhere, or at least to compile it into a PDF that could be passed around. I note that web.archive.org doesn't have it.
Mike
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

I found it so helpful I printed most, if not all of it off and put it in a book.
I was dreaming of the past...
chef

Post by chef »

Ross Barnard has a Uechi club at Virginia Tech. He is finishing up his last semeter now at Tech. Maybe they can resurrect that site since they now have a club.

I have his email and phone number somewhere if needed. It would be a darn shame to see all of that work Ian and Tim put in go to waste.

Bill is in Boston but will be back home late Friday evening, I am sure he will have some numbers as well....and doesn't want to see that site go by the wayside.

Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

This baby should not follow the Tech folks. They are a different line of Uech, and they have not contributed at all to the effort. And they are Virginia Tech after all... :wink:

We'll see what we can do about putting it on another server.

I am in Boston now. If it comes back up, let me know. Meanwhile, I sent an e-mail to the server czar. If someone tanked it, hopefully there is a backup.

- Bill
chef

Post by chef »

You da boss, Bill. :oops:

Vicki
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Hey, you da woman with da brilliant daughter with grades good enough to make it into UVa.

Wahoo wah! 8)

- Bill
chef

Post by chef »

....and beautiful, I might add (but then I am prejudice).

The kid just signed up for an extra-curricular 10 week ROTC leadership class that ties down her next 2 months of Sundays....requires extra physical training, extra responsibilites, knowing the ROTC thoroughly, and more.

What happens? After being so sick with flu-like symptons, she calls me from the UVa infirmary to tell me she has Mono!!!

She Alpha Chi Omega sorority sisters have been bringing her goodies and doing such nice things.

Poor kid....all she wants to do is sleep.

Gonna be a rough semester at UVa.

Vicki
chef

Post by chef »

We drove up to UVa last Saturday night to bring our daughter out to dinner and spend time with her. Her boyfriend, who is at Va Tech, surprised her at drove in as well.

She was looking at three schools and had been accepted to all of them (UVa, Va Tech, and William and Mary), but ended choosing UVa. She has caught such grief for this from her sister-in-law and brother, best friend, and boyfriend...all attended/attending Tech. There is a lot of back and forth good natured joking and comments between all.

My 'alpha female' daughter can give back as much as she gets...so showed her boyfriend and us this she wants to buy and wear in front of her boyfriend, who told her this was too much.

This was too funny, watching his reaction and the give and take that ensued after seeing this shirt.

Vicki
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Never wear that shirt in Roanoke 8O
chef

Post by chef »

Yeah, that's what her boyfriend pretty much said. She was just baiting him, I think.

Regards,
Vicki

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”