UVA Uechi Club

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

Just wanted to give everyone an update and reassure you that this has not fallen in a black hole; although, it is facing that "spare time" crunch that happens way to often :lol: .

I've got a considerable chunk of the old UVA information retyped and updated, and I have added some new information as well. We are hoping to have the first phase of the website up sometime next month, and this will be updated/added to until we have all the old UVA information revamped and posted, as well as any new stuff that comes along. So, stay tuned!

Thank you Bill, Mike, and Glenn for the great information and assistance in resurrecting this information, and I'd also like to share gratitude for Rich Castanet, Vicki Sheffler, and Sue Dudley who have also provided some great information, support, and resources that will make the final pages so much better!

More updates to follow.
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Looking forward to it Shana!
I was dreaming of the past...
IJ

Post by IJ »

I'm happy to help restore and revise the UVA pages. I sure have learned a lot since I wrote them as a sankyu thru nidan ranked student, for one... Now in possession of some BJJ skills I'd like to create some JJ for uechi resource ideas as well.
--Ian
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

IJ wrote:I'm happy to help restore and revise the UVA pages. I sure have learned a lot since I wrote them as a sankyu thru nidan ranked student, for one... Now in possession of some BJJ skills I'd like to create some JJ for uechi resource ideas as well.
Ian,
The work you and Tim put in to the UVA pages is QUITE evident and has made my job sooo much easier! This is GREAT stuff!!

Once the site is up and running, I will gladly take any constructive comments and additions you'd like to have posted. As the site will be Bill's, he gets final say on what's finally added/included, but I'm all for good information!

That said, if I have questions on the information I currently have, may I PM you? I've learned so much just in typing and updating this information. The work you've put into this is wonderful!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Now you know why I printed them off and put them into a notebook Shana. :D Ian's site along with Tony Licalzi's kata videos were a great help for me when I tried Uechi.

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/videos/u_kata.html

Can't wait to see Ian's (and Shana's) Uechi site, Mach 2!
I was dreaming of the past...
IJ

Post by IJ »

Sure, PM away, or we can discuss here (if I don't answer I didn't notice the PM). My hotmail account is my full name, ian jenkins, followed by the birth year 1975, at hotmail (they tell me an intact address = spam waterfall) and that's probably a better bet. Thanks for exhuming the site!
--Ian
chef

Post by chef »

Thank you so much for your hard work and many hours this past few months, Shana.

I am endebted!

Also, thank you Ian and Tim for the previous work. It was an superb job and I used it quite a bit before UVa dropped.

Also, thank you Mike, for having the fore thought to copy everything before it was zapped.

This goes for anyone else who contriubute, Sue, Glenn, and all. You are all appreciated and we will surely benefit once this site is up and running, once again.

Can't wait to see it.

Hurry, Bill, pleeeeeeeeese.

Regards,
Vicki

PS Bill, can you post the katas you that you have already done with Jim?
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Shana Moore

testing

Post by Shana Moore »

The website is in final testing, & we hope to announce it's "openin" soon. There are still several pages to complete, but they have "under construction pages, so you can get a feel for what the site will eventually look like. Stay tuned....
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Great job, Shana. We'll be in touch soon.

Hugs to the baby!

- Bill
IJ

Post by IJ »

Eager to see it! And happy to return to writing sections if needed. I wrote a lot of that stuff when I was a brown belt around 1996 or 1997!
--Ian
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

IJ wrote:
And happy to return to writing sections if needed. I wrote a lot of that stuff when I was a brown belt around 1996 or 1997!
Ian

First... we will honor your offer.

Second... What you and Tim put together was phenomenal. That's the bar that we're trying at least to get up to, if not exceed.

- Bill
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

Bill Glasheen wrote:
First... we will honor your offer.

Second... What you and Tim put together was phenomenal. That's the bar that we're trying at least to get up to, if not exceed.

- Bill
I couldn't agree more! As I transcribe the more advanced katas, I may be contacting you. Reviewing the level of detail you & Tim created has been inspiring & enlightening. I hope I have added something of worth to already great material!
Shana
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
MachoPanchoMan

Here it is via the Wayback Machine

Post by MachoPanchoMan »

Hi all,

I found this thread while searching for the UVa Uechi site, which I used to reference often while I was starting out in karate. You can access the site using this address:
http://web.archive.org/web/200609181929 ... du/~uechi/
I found it using the WaybackMachine, which archives almost the entire internet (so nothing can really ever disappear). That link is to the most recent update of the site, from Sep. 18, 2006. If you want to see previous versions, you can find them here:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://scs ... du/~uechi/ (you'll have to copy and paste that one in)

Forgive me if somebody has already posted this information, but I skipped a lot of posts having to do with the UVa/Tech rivalry.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

We owe you BIG, BIG time.

Send me a note. I owe you a beer.

- Bill
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

Well we tried that before, but we got the blocked by robots.txt notification. Glad to see the restriction was lifted somehow.
Mike

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”