Bruce Lee and Jim Maloney

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Van Canna wrote:
And George was telling Jimmy ‘Take it easy’
Wow... I've never heard George say that to Gentle Jimmy! :roll: :lol:

Definition of a bad day - being Jimmy's meat puppet* in a PPCT class.

- Bill

* Term used in the MCMAP for an uke. It sometimes implies being on the receiving end of some major hurt.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Bill Glasheen wrote:
Van Canna wrote:
And George was telling Jimmy ‘Take it easy’
Wow... I've never heard George say that to Gentle Jimmy! :roll: :lol:

Definition of a bad day - being Jimmy's "meat puppet" in a PPCT class.

- Bill
Like the time he knocked out a big Biker who tried to pull a bowie Knife on him :lol:

As the biker's hand reached behind his back...he got hit with a short Uechi snapping palm strike, that sent the biker down in convulsions so bad _ an ambulance had to be called.

He has got that Redskin's killer instinct 8O behind his blinding speed.

With Jimmy facing you, it is always 'A bad day at little Rock' :lol:
Van
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Van Canna wrote:
killer instinct
I don't know a lot of things concerning various physical attributes of various parties. But I do know one thing.

Jimmy has "it." And he is by definition a professional when it comes to delivering "it."

Rory has "it."

I don't know for sure, but I'm betting Darren has "it."

Physical attributes are secondary to a born ability to unleash something awful on a bad guy while experiencing the SSR. That's why the pissing contest here between two very good men seems a bit pointless. Any smart athlete working with Jimmy would figure "it" out very quickly. And Bruce is a very smart man.

- Bill
robb buckland

Senseis' smilin.....

Post by robb buckland »

:lol: I called Sensei a moment ago and hes' smilin about this whole thing !!!!!

".......Personally I think it's fun seeing Bruce and Jimmy together. The more you really know about both of them, the more you know they're probably having a blast no matter what. In their own way..."

Ive gotta agree with your assesment Bill...
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
robb buckland

There is a Tshirt in that somewhere !!!

Post by robb buckland »

"With Jimmy facing you, it is always 'A bad day at little Rock' ....'
Van Canna

Re: There is a Tshirt in that somewhere !!!

Post by Van Canna »

robb buckland wrote:"With Jimmy facing you, it is always 'A bad day at little Rock' ....'

Actually it should be 'a bad day at black rock' like the movie :lol:

Yup, Maloney Sama's got it. Once in a Tournament in Canada' we were all fighting...the then Canadian champion...a real wise ass..dork...shmuck...was observed doing jump kicks in the hallway of our hotel trying to break off the ceiling lights yelling that he was going to teach Maloney a lesson. So when we squared off with the jerk and some of his students at the tournament, we were licking our chops.... :evil:

So the great Canadian champion ends up ass over tea kettle flying over the scoring table after a side kick from Jimmy. :lol:

Soon after he got smacked so hard he could not continue.

Like when we were hunting deer and bear in Canada...

We shot at a deer, Jimmy went tracking it, I sat in his truck, my rifle cocked and locked.

Out of the corner of my left eye I see two scuzz bags approaching. I make sure the rifle is only inches from the edge of the door for a quick shot just in case.

They "did you just shoot at a deer?"

Me " No, I am waiting for four guys...should be here momentarily"

They " That's our deer out there"

Me " I wouldn't know, I am hunting bear, I have a bear rifle in my hands"

"Hello Boys'' a jovial voice from behind them and a smile on my face.

Maloney suddenly emerges from the woods 15 feet behind the fat pigs smelling of booze...holding his 12 gauge 'coach gun' with rifled slugs in it, slightly pointing, nonchalant, over the pigs' heads.

Not a word...away they went :lol:

And Jimmy took care of the drunken dock workers and sea captains, in the Eskasoni case, he just won.

They tried to threaten him with death...so he goes looking for them and throws a few off the pier into the ocean. :lol:

But if I tell about the 'real' Maloney...some people on this forum will
get scared to death. :twisted:
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

There are those who are blind followers of their team, and can't seem to understand how others perceive their words.

And then there are the gratuitous trolls.
Comical to see how this troll will never get it. He is on a Uechi forum constantly knocking Uechi and pushing WC for his own personal agenda. He is lucky we continue to put up with him instead of banning him outright.

People here have always wondered what's he got against Uechi and why he needs to do this. :?:
Van
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Why is there an assumtion that what Bruce lee did is wing chun? Go look at some interviews with Dan inosato, the dude borrowed heavily from western martial arts and many others.

Also...has bruce lee ever formally competed like Joe Lewis or norris?
JimHawkins

Bait me baby....

Post by JimHawkins »

Yeah what is the assumption?

What was it the bait? Just waiting to drudge up crap again, but I guess you have to.....

Yeah, you should ban this very real threat to the ego.. Wonder why GEM never does.....
Same old BS about WC, right Jim? :wink: Things haven't changed a bit in years gone by...you got get in there and somehow put forward WC over Uechi right?
Yeah same old BS all the way around as far as I'm concerned...

Put forth WC over Uechi where? Spin away baby!

By saying it was a friendly non sparring demo as you said face to "face"...

By seeing the obvious from those old pictures?

By not buying your latest spin?

Yeah okay whatever... Most can read between the lines....

Yeah, my secret agenda as written out over the years here, most of which you backed all the way, until it no longer suited your personal needs that is... :lol: :oops:

Some others have moved on to embrace those very elements--good on them for continuing to learn and grow...

Yeah, same old BS here is right, and I never doubted it for a nanosecond....

----------------------------

I will not post on this site again except by request of a forum moderator...

To my friends here: feel free to email me ny_hawk@hotmail.com

Y'all have fun now!
Shaolin
M Y V T K F
"Receive what comes, stay with what goes, upon loss of contact attack the line" – The Kuen Kuit
Sue G

Post by Sue G »

Moving back to the photo....its very small - could we have a bigger version of it, please?

I suspect anything that has Bruce Lee AND Sensei Jim Maloney at the same time is worth seeing in high def.
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Can anyone date the picture?
I've heard it's from the early sixties when he was doing the Green Hornet show. I remember seeing this abd other pics in the window of the North Attleboro Decosta dojo and thinking "cool". :D

F.

P.S. If Bruce comes back to life I put $50 on Sensei Maloney!
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Van Canna

Re: Bait me baby....

Post by Van Canna »

JimHawkins wrote:Yeah what is the assumption?

What was it the bait? Just waiting to drudge up crap again, but I guess you have to.....

Yeah, you should ban this very real threat to the ego.. Wonder why GEM never does.....
Same old BS about WC, right Jim? :wink: Things haven't changed a bit in years gone by...you got get in there and somehow put forward WC over Uechi right?
Yeah same old BS all the way around as far as I'm concerned...

Put forth WC over Uechi where? Spin away baby!

By saying it was a friendly non sparring demo as you said face to "face"...

By seeing the obvious from those old pictures?

By not buying your latest spin?

Yeah okay whatever... Most can read between the lines....

Yeah, my secret agenda as written out over the years here, most of which you backed all the way, until it no longer suited your personal needs that is... :lol: :oops:

Some others have moved on to embrace those very elements--good on them for continuing to learn and grow...

Yeah, same old BS here is right, and I never doubted it for a nanosecond....

----------------------------

I will not post on this site again except by request of a forum moderator...

To my friends here: feel free to email me ny_hawk@hotmail.com

Y'all have fun now!
Yeah...same old BS...'Baby' like what you told me personally and the Bridgewater students [bob Bethoney's students] that you had only taken the first form of your WC then quit for ten years and then you were planning of going back. Then you proceeded to offend Uechi while you were being fed a Royal dinner by the dojo owner and Italian kitchen owner...then you wondered why they did not want you back 'Baby'...

And we never discussed the Maloney/Lee friendly encounter 'face to face' "Baby" .....

Spin away Baby...and what I was backing up were general concepts in discussions not your self aggrandizement.

So 'spin away' baby...better yet just get lost from our Uechi page.

Laird puts well here
I’m having quite a chuckle over the thread on the Maloney / Lee photos. Surprising to see Jim Hawkins tell us how Lee would have fought, as I understand it he wasn’t there and he never trained with Lee. Surprising he would discount the words of those who were in attendance. I knew a guy who new a guy, whose 2nd cousin’s girl friend's, brother's friend said.….

Just to put things in perspective, I remember stumbling across a couple of these photo’s in Halifax. They were in an old box of trophies in the back of the Lower Water Street Dojo in Halifax. The box had arrived from the Robie Street Dojo but never got unpacked.

We had lost our interest in tournaments as our dojo either won or we were DSQ’d for excessive contact. Something we found both amusing and complimentary. Jimmy had begun taking the dojo into the PKA full contact world and we put the world of point fighting behind us.

Having time on my hands one day I began to explore this box with Dave Ryan. I pulled a photo of Lee trying to kick Jimmy from the box. (The same one as in the tread) I asked him holding up the photo, Sensei who’s this guy? His response…ohh just some skinny Chinese guy I met in Boston. Maloney could careless, it wasn’t important it gathered dust. He had met a movie star once, he could careless, and it had nothing to do with training.

I look at Dave after Jimmy moved to work with Ralph on the pads. Dave said yeah that’s Bruce Lee, I asked him about it once too. He told me if you want to get your picture taken with a movie star try for an actress.

It appears that Bruce’s visit wasn’t a big deal to Maloney. I guess he didn’t find Hawkins hero that impressive, even if he was a movie star.

Here is a better photo showing one of our Uechi traps:

But how would you know?
Van
JimHawkins

Libel

Post by JimHawkins »

Van Canna wrote: Yeah...same old BS...'Baby' like what you told me personally and the Bridgewater students [bob Bethoney's students] that you had only takent the first form of your WC then quit for ten years and then you were planning of going back.
You are a liar sir... 1 form in 5 years? And still training,, Uh huh, right..

Any more lies you'd like to spew? Liars are weak...

You will make up and say anything to protect your position..

This is clear... More BS out of your mouth putting down your own people and your own state I could go into yet I need not bother...

Over and out, this is why I.m leaving crazy town..
Shaolin
M Y V T K F
"Receive what comes, stay with what goes, upon loss of contact attack the line" – The Kuen Kuit
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Just get lost, will you pal? You are a dreamer and a compulsive liar.

Why don't you tell the real story why you hate Uechi?

And why is it that you have made nothing but enemies on these forums?
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Some people are already asking me how long you will really stay away...good question.
Van

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”