THe last airbender hi def trailer.

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

AAAhmed46

THe last airbender hi def trailer.

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wbWS133Jdo

Wished the water tribe would look more eskimo, and hahahaha brown zuko.

Still, looks interesting enough. It is based on a childrens T.V. series.

Can they pack in 3 seasons on three movies?

How will the kung-fu come off on this? They had real kung-fu stylists put together fight scenes and movement for the series. It would only be logical they do this for the movies. Or it will just be wushu.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

From the looks of the trailer, it's mostly wushu. Jumping over people, etc.

But hey, fantasy is a great place to go with number 2 son. 8) Thanks for the heads up. I think I've seen this trailer once already in the theater. I didn't know it was based on a series.

- Bill
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

It does appear that he's squeezed three seasons' worth of material into one movie. It'll probably be about two hours long. I've been looking forward to that one ever since I heard it was coming out, and the more I see of it, the more I approve of the way he's gone about it.

Bill, if he's done it the way they did in the show, the water people are going to be doing something more like Wushu, the Airbender doing something even softer, with the Fire and Earth guys and gals doing harder 'styles.' Hopefully we do see some variety.

Avatar: the Last Airbender was a phenominally well-recieved American manga-type cartoon that went three full seasons. I've got half of the last season, and some of the rest. It's some of the best animation out there.
Life begins & ends cold, naked & covered in crap.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Jason Rees wrote:It does appear that he's squeezed three seasons' worth of material into one movie. It'll probably be about two hours long. I've been looking forward to that one ever since I heard it was coming out, and the more I see of it, the more I approve of the way he's gone about it.

Bill, if he's done it the way they did in the show, the water people are going to be doing something more like Wushu, the Airbender doing something even softer, with the Fire and Earth guys and gals doing harder 'styles.' Hopefully we do see some variety.

Avatar: the Last Airbender was a phenominally well-recieved American manga-type cartoon that went three full seasons. I've got half of the last season, and some of the rest. It's some of the best animation out there.

I didn't really like the last season.

But the the rest of the show was great.

One strength it had over other american cartoons was that the creators did not try to draw it out to milk it for more money. It had a beginning and an end.

Quality>Quantity

I think brown zuko is sadly unintentially funny(growing up south asian has given me a strange expectation of zuko here), but hey maybe Dev Patel will surprise me. Good acting can make up for the differences in appearance. Other fans it's weird how anglo the water tribe looks, but then again this IS a kids movie, and like i said with Dev Patel, good acting or protrayals of teh charecters could easily make up for how different they look.

I heard the blind chick(Toph is it?) used mantis instead of the hung gar used by the other earth folk.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”