Okinawan Karate Book Collection for Sale

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Kuma-de

Okinawan Karate Book Collection for Sale

Post by Kuma-de »

From Russ Johnson, Sensei email: rjohnson76401@earthlink.net

Hi Jim Sensei,

I hope all things are going well for you. I wanted to check with you on something. I have had an urgent financial situation come up and I am needing to raise some cash as soon as possible. I have exhausted most of my means and am looking at possibly having to sell some of the books in my collection. I hate to do it but it's just one of those things. I know that you have an idea of the value and scarcity of these and might be able to point me in the right direction or spread the word to any who might be interested.

I have some copies of the books from Morio Higaonna's 4-part series, some are first editions. I saw a set of these just went for almost $400 on ebay, and I have seen them go for lots higher than that. I also have his History of Karate book. I have a copy of Bishops History book signed by Matayoshi Sensei, and I have some copies of Toguchi Sensei's Essence of Karate books, volumes 1 and 2. These are the later ones and not the orange and green ones from Ohara. Volume 2 is very hard to find and is in English and Japanese. Some of these are signed by him.

If you might be interested, or know somebody who is, I would sure appreciate you spreading the word. If possible, I would like for them to go to somebody who can appreciate them as much as I have. But I can't be too picky right now. I am trying to avoid sticking them on ebay for just anybody, plus the fees there are pretty steep.

Hope to hear back from you soon. Take care,

Russ

Please RESPOND directly to Russ-san,
Jim Prouty
New England Budo Center

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”