Dedicated to Vicki

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I dreamed about you last night
you came to me
as if you never left
my mortal world.

I saw you laughing
I saw you smile
I sat quietly aside
to watch you be you.

Whenever you could
you brought all of you to me
but it was just as much fun
to see all of you be you.

I cannot tell you what
you said to me or others
I just squinted my mental eyes
and listened to your soul.

But I woke up this morning
and you are gone
and again I remember that
empty wound inside.

I know you would have liked
me enjoying the rain
it cleanses my face and
reveals the soul inside.

I never got to say
how much I will miss you
I never would dwell on
what wasn't today.

But I do.

I miss you.

Too much.

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I found this rendition of a 1963 classic on YouTube. And it made me smile. Why? The guitar was talking about Vicki.

"She Loves You," instrumental guitar Beatles cover

Click on the video, close your eyes, and listen to the music. You will see Vicki. If you knew her, she would have loved you too. And you know that can't be bad.

- Bill
X

African insight

Post by X »

Yesterday morning I caught the middle of an NPR newscast like most days. A woman was talking about a well-respected African American woman who continues to be honored for her contributions, long after her death. What stayed with me for the day was her description of an African phrase about three levels of existence. As this woman explained, they consider all people to be living, living dead, or dead and gone. Living is, of course, those of us still alive. Living dead are those who have passed on but still remain alive in the hearts and minds of the living for all they were and did. Dead and gone are those that have passed on but never really left anything behind of significance to be remembered.

Late yesterday I heard of Vicki's passing, which saddened me greatly. She was a vibrant person and it's clear from these forums that Ms. Vicki is most definitely living dead. And that makes me smile
:wink:
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

I am very sorry to hear that this warm and Genuine woman has passed. My heart goes out to those she was taken away from at such a young age. :(

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”