Article

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Chris McKaskell

Article

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to share this article about us which came out as a huge spread in our local newspaper's weekend 'Home Magazine'

It's been a tough couple of years and we've watched several other cabinet shops go out of business around us - friends and competitors both. I was not expecting such a large spread and feel quite humbled by it especially as this sort of unsolicited article is such an extremely rare gift in times like these.

I wish I had more time to spend on the forums, but things have been busy trying to keep the wolves from the door, and I have always prioritized training over time on the internet. Happy to report training has been going well at the cost of my online presence!

Many thanks!

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/16/chris ... all-levels
Chris
Bill Glasheen

Re: Article

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Glad to see you here, Chris!

Wow... that's wonderful stuff. I spent 3 years on summer jobs at "The Kitchen Center" where I was mostly the college student who would lift things for the craftsmen. But between my exposure there and to my dad's career as an independent contractor in-between NASA and the stock market, I came to appreciate fine craftsmanship.

For what it's worth... lots of people in the orthopedic surgery community build furniture as a hobby. If you ever were in the OR and saw what they do for a living, you'd get it.

Love the original work! Wish I could afford it.

- Bill
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Love the work Chris , nice article !!
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

I know Chris must have seen this but thought Bill might appreciate it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cGNT-RSkEU

The word artisan summed up that article Chris , keep up the good fight , real quality is still in fashion once people see it ;)
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

The host of that show - with a 25 letter alphabet - is most definitely a New Englander.

That's a special piece.

-Bill
Chris McKaskell

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Thanks Bill -- Hey Marcus!

Nice pic -- Lee Valley was offering posters of that tool box few years ago...very cool, and one heckofaload of work. Wow.

Hope cabinetmaking has picked up down under!!
Chris

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”