Help with a novel

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Flying Guy

Help with a novel

Post by Flying Guy »

Hi there. I am an Airline pilot and I am writing an action/adventure novel which is almost finished. I need some expert assistance with a scene involving a fight between my hero and "the bad guy".

The novel is an "International Thriller" type novel and my hero is a 33 year old scientist who had martial arts training to black belt level as a teenager. He goes to India to rescue his young son who is being held by terrorists. He gets in a fight with the head "bad guy" who is an experienced combatent but his old training surfaces and after a bitter hand fight, my hero wins.

I need some help with this since I know practically zero about hand to hand combat and your art. Anyone interested in giving me a hand with this? If the book is published it should give a boost to martial arts training in general. I would be particularly interested in someone with some writing skills. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Flying Guy (edited 12-08-98).]

[This message has been edited by Flying Guy (edited 12-08-98).]
Bill Glasheen

Help with a novel

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Wow, that's tempting.

I'm a 44 year-old scientist who has been training in martial arts since I was a teenager. I am also the father of two boys. While I've never written a novel, I do write for a living.

Contact me via glasheen@uechi-ryu.com. I won't promise anything, but I am "intrigued".

[This message has been edited by Bill Glasheen (edited 12-08-98).]
david

Help with a novel

Post by david »

Flying Guy,

Geeze... If your hero were a little older, with two children instead of one, he could be Bill Glasheen -- scientist, martial artist and explorer!!!

Good luck with the novel. :-)

david
RACastanet

Help with a novel

Post by RACastanet »

Wow, sounds great. My only concern is that Bill G. may need a handy 'uke' to try out his scenarios on. I guess I'll wear my black gi to the gym this Saturday in case he needs a 'bad guy'.
Rich
Flying Guy

Help with a novel

Post by Flying Guy »

OK everybody, Bill Glasheen is going to help me with this. I did receive some other replies to my request and I thank all of you for your offers to help. I think that Bill intends to get some other people involved to help him and I am sure he will keep you all posted on how it goes. If he doesn't, I will! After all, I want every one of you to buy a copy of this book when it comes out! :-)

Thanks Again, Bruce (Flying Guy)

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”