Alternatives, Part II

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Alternatives, Part II

Post by gmattson »

"Points" seems to have reached critical mass. (we should have a rule to close threads when they exceed 25 posts)I thought this was a good time to forward Rik Lostrito's message as a warning to our good Dr. "X". . . Hopefully Rik will register soon and join the battle! Image

What is the procedure so that I can post replys in some of the forums. I am interested in some of the medical one's particularly this Dr. X fellow. Overall he writes some interesting material worthy of comment, but he is misusing some terminology and twisting some facts here and there.

As an FDA'er steeped in new drug design and approval and as a Pharmacist with 24 years experience, I feel I can contribute some fun points to the discussion now and then. I also taught Pharmacy for a decade at The Univ of CT School of Pharmacy and have a longstanding interest in American folk medicine, herbal medicine and so-called non (Western) traditional methods of health and healing.

On one point, I agree with you in that "alternative" is becoming a catch-all mantra for some. However, given the DesCarte-esque allopathic mantra of the West the last 100 years, it is understanable that such foreign and diffeent methods would be called alternative. Complimentary is also used and abused. Non-traditional I have also seen in print.

In the big picture I see, it is all a big circle. East and West, allopathic and natural product, surgery and energy, anatomy and love, learning to kill and heal...all the same spectral circle.

One last point about Dr. X..he is dead wrong about the Therapeutic touch de-bunking of 4/01/98 in JAMA (intersting publication date). The debunking was bogus...look at the model, experiment, and analysis with a critical eye. You'll see. Finally, energy healing works my friend; it does indeed.

Thanks for the help.

Rik
gjkhoury

Alternatives, Part II

Post by gjkhoury »

ER. . .UM. . .Say Wha????
Bill Glasheen

Alternatives, Part II

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Gary

I believe that a good translation of the above is blblblblblblblb!!

- Bill
Collin Warder

Alternatives, Part II

Post by Collin Warder »

Doc and Crew:

You guys are sounding like some of my people now. Anyhow I don't see the hyberbole in Rik's statement, but he certainly makes many proclamations without any supporting data. Rik says,

"he is dead wrong about the Therapeutic touch de-bunking of 4/01/98 in JAMA "

but does not go on to explain why Doc X is wrong. Instead he pawns the work off on us (you do the research and if you don't come to the same conclusions as me, you are probably doing it wrong). All of us can throw out opinion and claim it as fact, only the creadible will support it.

Collin

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”