Quackupuncture?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bob

Quackupuncture?

Post by Bob »

Usually I am one to stir the pot but I feel an uncharacteristic urge to gild the lily (but it is sincere). First this is one of the very best web pages I have seen on the internet. Second it is an honor to hear from George Mattson as 20 years ago when I was a aspiring brown belt his books use to inspire.
There are some fly by the seat of your pants individuals in the field no doubt but who cares what a patient does to get better as long as he does get better? If a diabetic patients glycohemoglobin goes from 11.4 to 5.1 in 12 weeks from prayer, acupuncture, herbs, vitamins or medicine like Rezulin who cares? - as long as they are monitored judiciously
As long as a person is checking their progress wisely to see if it is working or if it is a waste of time and money who cares how they get better?

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 07-03-99).]

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 07-03-99).]
Bob

Quackupuncture?

Post by Bob »

My case hsitories have been published in peer review journals. As well numerous other research studies support my claims. You seem to ask for double blind (in reality double standard) studies with controls. These type of studies are beginning to fall out of favor for what are now called outcome studies (formerly called anecdotal evidence). This is because double vlind studies have poor controls in reality - they usually involve poor test subjects who are involved because someone waved $5 in front of their face and in reality they do not comply with the protocols, or do not understand the protocols, etc.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”