karate gi

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Shelly King

karate gi

Post by Shelly King »

Robb

Believe it not...those buttons on your dryer are not just for decoration. Please note I said "Fluff-NO HEAT". I'm not as daring as you think. Well, OK... sometimes I put it on low if I'm in a hurry.

------------------
Shelly
RACastanet

karate gi

Post by RACastanet »

Hi. I'm the Century Iron Man user and for the money, they are great. When on sale, they can be as low as $50 wholesale, but normally run around $70. They fit ok and are durable and after a few dozen washings, pretty comfortable. A few years back one came apart at a seam and they promptly sent a replacement.

I get the student gi for the beginners and have had few problems. Century allows mixing and matching pants and tops so there is no problem fitting bodies outside the norm. And, they are cheap. They are the equivalent of a McDonalds cheeseburger to Shureido's prime rib, however.

I've got one of the Kwon Gis, green like Bill's. As he said, they are very heavy duty, but do not fit my personal dimensions very well.

Rich
Neal

karate gi

Post by Neal »

After reading Robbs post about Tokaido "falling apart at the seams" I sent them an e-mail asking them about that and of course they say they have not heard any complaints yet...and none of thier gis are made in Pakistan.They also suggested that the gi in question was an imitation made by some other company other than the orginal in Japan?
I guess Im gonna find out for myself...it looks like Im going to order one.
Thanks to all Neal
Robb in Sacramento

karate gi

Post by Robb in Sacramento »

Ms. King:

AH HA, so you use the low heat setting. I knew it, you're a wild woman! (Oh, and thanks for the tip on those buttons, after I couldn't tune in ESPN, I gave up on those buttons, but now, I will try again. Say, are any dryers available with a remote?)

Neal:

At the time I used Tokaido, I purchased them from Nosawa (Nozawa?) which claimed to be the official representative of Tokaido in the USA. The gi itself had a label stating it was made in Pakistan. Perhaps my gi is older than the memory of the company representative. I will be eager to hear from you in the future as to how well the gi holds up.

Peace
Robb in Sacramento
Shelly King

karate gi

Post by Shelly King »

Robb

Yes...a dryer remote can be picked up anywhere, they usally come under the brand names of "wife/mom/significant other".

Correction on the fabric whitener, it is Rit dye not Rid dye. Typing with an accent again.

------------------
Shelly
STEVE PIE

karate gi

Post by STEVE PIE »

Neal;

I own 2 tokaido gi's fit me well and so far haven't fallen apart. I think they are great. As far as the iron man, they changed the whole gi. from material to fit. i was realy disapointed in it(this one being my 5th) I called century to voice my disapiontment ,they didn't seem to care! Anyone thinking of buying one i'd tell them to forget it!!!!

steve
~~~~~

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”