UechiRyu Zankai Nagahama Dojo

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

UechiRyu Zankai Nagahama Dojo

Postby Seizan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello Everybody, and Greetings from Okinawa.

Lately, I have had some free time to web-surf several sites, and I am happy to see that a lot of my (actually, Toyama Sensei's) information regarding history, concepts, terminology, and other technical information has been used on many sites. In reading through the sites, I noticed a few errors, probably caused by transcriptional or translation difficulties. I would like to offer some corrections or clarifications if possible, and if you wish them.

Some published information and history was written prior to my training with Toyama Sensei, and may be erroneous in places. Some newer information had not been seen or read until it was published in the UechiRyu section of the Wikipedia in 2007. Since then, it has found its place in many UechiRyu brochures and training manuals around the world. This includes the history of the development of the five contemporary kata, meanings of kata names, and reference to some of the old-style concepts. I am highly gratified if it helps anyone's training and understanding of UechiRyu. But I had not realized how extensively it has been used until now.

Having lived and trained mostly on Okinawa since 1979 (41 years!), I have continuously gathered and researched historical and technical information, much of which has never been published or discussed before. Especially in the past 22 years, I've added a great deal more to our information base.

If you'd like to augment some of the information you already have, please feel free to ask. I only ask that you be specific with your questions.

We hope you can join in with some of our other guests this year or next. Next month (my spring break in late March) we will host a team from Pakistan and guests from the USA and France. This summer (late July through August) we will host an international mix from the USA, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka, and Norway. A few students in Russia and Viet Nam have indicated plans to train with us but have not yet confirmed their arrangements.

Our small website has a little more information. Near the top of the page (just under the photo) there is a link to "Supplemental Information". It takes a few seconds to load, and the title is rather small. For more history and other information, please visit that section too.

https://breyette.wixsite.com/urzk-nghm-dojo

The doors of the UechiRyu Zankai Nagahama Dojo are open to friendly and sincere fellow practitioners. When you visit Okinawa, please coordinate with your seniors here for a visit to the Nagahama Dojo.

We hope you read this message in a spirit of open camaraderie, and that we'll hear from you anytime.

Best regards to all,

Seizan, Sumako, and all Zankai Members
Seizan

Return to Events, Products & Services