Dan Kumite with Kyusho

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

Evan Pantazi

Dan Kumite with Kyusho

Post by Evan Pantazi »

I am Glad to say that I will be braining Jim Hulse over on Sunday November 18th for Kyusho in Dan Kumite!

I do not yet have a location set, but the date is committed!

Sorry this event has been cancelled, all registrations will be fully refunded.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
Last edited by Evan Pantazi on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

In 1998 Sensei Mattson allowed me a colum of this Forum, where Kyusho was integrated into Uechi Kata. While I never officially ranked in Uechi Ryu, I have not missed a day of working Sanchin (actually dropped my Ryu Kyu version for the Uechi), Seisan and Sanseiru... ok and now Suparempi.

I also realize that many do not know what Kyusho is, How it fits in Uechi Ryu. So as a promotional as well as informative effort I will do so here. Pardon the audacity.

First Kyusho translates as Vital Point, so let's start with any questions or comments from that aspect. Questions?
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Here is a question I pose for all of you:

If there is a way to cause more pain with each strike and needing less force, would this be worth learning?
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Saturday the 17th of November will be held at Bobby SPoon's Dojo in Tewksbury, MA.

Sunday the 18th of November will be held at Fedel Cacia's Dojo in Newton, MA.

More Details soon:

Click Here
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

I have been recieving emails to attend these sessions already.

Do you have any questions on Kyusho, Kyusho in Uechi or how if fits in Uechi?
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

The opening attack and defense of Dan Kumite:

Circling Block from the initial punch as it rubs the nerves of the wrist send a message to the spine and then to the brain and back down to organs or other body structures and functions.

This in itself does nothing... well what it does do is facilitate the nerves and systems thereof.

That kick! It can be targeted to a point that will completely stop the function of the diaphragm... that means no more breathing, that means no more fight.*

Now the goal of Kyusho is instead of just kicking to a general area like the ribs or body, is to focus your intention more to a specific place in that general area.

* By the way we can also fix that, it is all part of the training. Now here is something I ask you... what if one day by accident your partner misses the block and you nail that point directly and they stop breathing? Don't you think knowing the remedy is maybe important?
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
gmattson
Site Admin

Evan...

Post by gmattson »

I hope you plan to cover some of this at camp! Sounds great.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Sir,

I will be instructing this very point on a hurting as well as healing level. This way, as well all of what I teach at the camp will involve this duality. It is the only ethical way of teaching Kyusho... if you can not fix, you should not do to another person.

We have worked this and the other methods with teams of Medical Professionals to truly understand what is going on and how to remain safe.

I will not be teaching Dan Kumite however, Jim Hulse a 7th in Uechi and a 4th in Kyusho has been working that for several years... I would not profess as much experience in that field or method.
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

I have gotten emails that are anxious for this seminar and I think we will have a great turnout.

Bringing Jim over from England is an honor and I know he will give you new perspective on Dan Kumite!

He will not change it, just focus it so maximum potential can be yours! I can say this as I have trained the Dan Kumite with without Kyusho and with under Jim Hulse and there is a huge difference.
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
jthulse

Post by jthulse »

At the outset of of working kyusho into Uechi my mindset was not to change the moves but to make them more effective with precision targeting. The movement of Dan kumite makes it a very effective way of training under pressure and opens itself to some great targeting.

Looking forward to training with you guys.

Jim
Jim Hulse
Uechi Ryu Karate UK
Kyusho Do
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Here is a clip of Jim's son Scott Hulse going through Dan Kumite and adding a Kyusho Strike. Click the picture.

http://www.kyusho.com/scotthulsemko1.wmv

More Coming...
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
jthulse

Post by jthulse »

Scott used the routine in the dan kumite set to open me up for a head strike. I try to end each of the routines with a finishing blow by using using a strike from the conditioning training or my kyusho training.
Jim Hulse
Uechi Ryu Karate UK
Kyusho Do
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

As a Martial Arts enthusiast, I am contacting many people in 30 States to tell them about this Kyusho Seminar coming to Massachusetts this November 17th & 18th, 2007.

As it is using Kyusho in Uechi-Ryu's Dan Kumite, it will be applicable to of course Uechi stylists, but also all Styles as well. I feel this is dynamic and fun way to learn and practice, or even take back to your own School.

This brings up an important issue especially if you have a school or club. This information is being sought by millions worldwide and growing fast. It can be a special addition to your curriculum without changing it, just becoming more detailed. If you are interested in this special type program in your school, I can show you the benefits for you as I have in 35 Countries so far. I will be able to discuss this with you there at one or both of these sessions.

There are Two Days available in Two locations, you can pick the nearest or attend both for a greater learning experience! One in Natick at Fedel's Dojo and the other in Tewksbury at Bobby Spoon's Dojo.

This will be open to all ranks in Uechi, for all the information and times go to this page: http://www.kyusho.com/uechi-kyusho2007.htm

I hope to see you there and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at: evan@kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Does anyone have a question on the use of Kyusho, what it is, how it works?

For those attending the session in November with Jim Hulse, it may be good to get a better idea or clarify what it entails.
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Evan Pantazi

[b]CANCELLED[/b]

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Unfortunately this seminar has been cancelled, all tuition's will be fully refunded.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com

Return to “Events, Products & Services”