Masters' Tour/NE Not.

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

david

Masters' Tour/NE Not.

Post by david »

George sensei,

Reading your update, left me with a mix of emotions. Sadness is one. The other I will leave unsaid...

It's too bad that the political/personal disputes between certain individuals and you have resulted in the disregard for a generation and segment of Uechi-Ryu practitioners. But we will continue to practice and move on with the art. Your openness and encouragement of students to continuously seek new knowledge to enhance and develop our practice of Uechi-Ryu will lead to an evolving, vibrant and applicable art.

I would have liked to see and meet the "masters". Alas, they made a choice and I shall not miss them. Like many others, I have little knowledge or care about the disputes. My introduction to Uechi-Ryu came through the Hancock St. Dojo. Your represent the lineage as far it concerns me. If a segment of the lineage chooses to disown us for a dispute I and others have no part in, So be it. I don't think I will miss anything as a result.

regards,

david

Return to “Events, Products & Services”