NEAAU Karate Qualifier

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

Hassell

NEAAU Karate Qualifier

Post by Hassell »

Ken Bladyka, Chairman of the New England AAU (NEAAU) Karate program, will host the NEAAU Karate Qualifier in Lebanon, NH, on Sunday, April 11, 1999.

AAU Karate is WKF-based, and this event would be a good venue for the Uechi-ka to become familiarized with this format. As far as getting your feet wet officiating, we would be more than happy to work with you on the rules, hand signals, terminology/calls, what to look for, etc. As far as competing goes, just prepare your best kata come and do your best Uechi-Ryu.

Please contact Ken at okadojo@sover.net or me at john.hassell@compaq.com and we can send you an invitation/information package.

John
gmattson
Site Admin

NEAAU Karate Qualifier

Post by gmattson »

Thanks John. I'll try to be there and hope we get lots of support from others in the Uechi community.

------------------
GEM
Hassell

NEAAU Karate Qualifier

Post by Hassell »

I just wanted to revive this post as a reminder to the Uechi folks of the upcoming WKF-based NEAAU Qualifying tournament.

As previously stated, this would be an excellent venue for the Uechi Ryu practitioners in the New England area to familiarize themselves with the WKF methods of kata and kumite competition for both individual and team events.

It would also be very beneficial for those of you who plan to officiate at your 5/22 Uechi Ryu event to work with us (anyone officiating in official's uniform, which includes a blue blazer, white shirt with blue or burgundy tie, grey slacks, will be given a $25 stipend or AAU membership (a $25 value)).

As for students/competitors, the event is meant to be instructional in nature, so the officials will work with them to develop an understanding of the kata and kumite scoring criteria, terminolgy, hand signals, etc.

We hope to see you in Lebanon, NH, on Sunday, April 11.

John

Return to “Events, Products & Services”