2nd Regional Workout

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

Gary Santaniello

2nd Regional Workout

Post by Gary Santaniello »

To All,

The 2nd Regional Workout will be on Oct.2nd 1999 from 10:00am to 12:00noon
at the Weymouth Junior High School.
$10.00/person.

For more info: contact Mike Murphy at 781-963-8891 or Uechi1000@aol.com

Directions will be posted during the week.

Hope to see you all there!

------------------
Gary S.
mikemurphy

2nd Regional Workout

Post by mikemurphy »

To all,

Just wanted to give directions to the regional workout.

From North and West:
-Go South on either Rt128 or Rt93 toward the Cape.
-You will come on to Rt3 south.
-Follow Rt 3 South until you come to Exit 16B (Weymouth/Rt 18 south)
-Straight off the ramp until your second set of traffic lights (Park Ave). You will see Dunkin Donuts on your left and a Blockbuster Video on your right.
-Take a left onto Park Ave and proceed until your next set of lights (Pleasant St). The Intermediate School will be on your left.
-Take a left onto Pleasant St. and proceed approx. 1/4 mile unitl you see the Junior High School on your left. The gym entrance will be around to the left of the school.

From the South:
-Take 24 north until you get to 128 south and then follow the above directions.

Or:
-Coming up from Rt 3 North until you get to exit 16.
-Go Rt 18 south and follow the above directions.

The school will be open at 9:30 for us to change and get ready. If anyone has any questions, please drop me a note at Uechi1000@aol.com
gjkhoury

2nd Regional Workout

Post by gjkhoury »

Mike & team:

You've got our FULL support at Khoury's Karate for this event! PLEASE call us if we can be of any assistance: 978-858-0123.

Good Luck & see you there!

Gary
mikemurphy

2nd Regional Workout

Post by mikemurphy »

Gary-san,

Thanks for the support. We'll be looking forward to seeing you there. Let me know if anyone else is coming so that we can get a rough estimate like before. As of now..

Mike Murphy's dojo 20+
Gary Santaniello 2/3
Gary Khoury's dojo ?

Folks,

Let everyone know in the area so that we can make this as successful as the first one.

As always,

Mike
mikemurphy

2nd Regional Workout

Post by mikemurphy »

Hello folks,

Those of you who have not contacted me about the 2nd regional workout, please drop me a line, so that I can get a count if possible.

Concerning the workout, last time we emphasized sparring with Gary Khoury sensei. This time, I'd like to emphasize bunkai (we didn't get to any of it because of time restraints). I'd like to see Kanshiwa and Seisan worked out if possible. Any thoughts? Let me know and hope to see all of you there. Be sure to invite those out of the way dojos who never seem to get this information until it is too late.

Yours in budo,

mike
Uechi1000@aol.com
Brian MacDonald

2nd Regional Workout

Post by Brian MacDonald »

Mike,

I will be attending with 3 or 4 students...and am looking forward to seeing all of our Uechi brothers and sisters again!!

Bunkai sounds GREAT!

Brian MacDonald
UMass Boston Dojo
gmattson
Site Admin

2nd Regional Workout

Post by gmattson »

Naturally I'll be there Mike. . . with as many of the Saturday "Hut" gang as possible.

How about the rest of you 'lurkers' out there?

------------------
GEM
T Rose

2nd Regional Workout

Post by T Rose »

We're in for at least a dozen...
mikemurphy

2nd Regional Workout

Post by mikemurphy »

To all,

Now we're starting to move along. I was getting worried that people did not want to get together and work out; especially after such a great get-together up in Tracy's neighborhood.

Here's the total so far:

Mike Murphy's dojo 20+
Gary Santaniello 2/3
Gary Khoury ?
Brian McDonald's dojo 3/4
The "Hut" ?
Tracy Rose's dojo 12

Anyone else? Get involved folks and tell someone that may not be connected to the internet. Let's get together and make this even better than the first one. Call a dojo if you can and ask them if they would like to come regardless of affiliation.

See you there!!

Mike
Brian

2nd Regional Workout

Post by Brian »

Mike,
Expect at least 2 or 3 from Morgan's Uechi Ryu(Tilton,NH).

Brian
michael A.

2nd Regional Workout

Post by michael A. »

Mike,

Expect at least five from Newton Karate (Michael Aceto).

jayne
mikemurphy

2nd Regional Workout

Post by mikemurphy »

To all,

People are starting to dribble in with their confirmations, but there is still room for a lot more. Get out and call another dojo and see if they are interested in getting together. I heard that there was a lot of people last time who didn't know about it at all. Try and give someone a call.

I know there are so many events this time of year and people have to pick and choose (as do I), however, this is not an event that takes anyone out of their normal schedule hopefully. It's only a two hour workout with people from all over. It only costs $10.00 to cover the cost of the gym. Come on down, make a connection or two, and work out together minus the politics.

Cya there!

Mike
Gene DeMambro

2nd Regional Workout

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Well, the witching hour is close at hand...

Sooo, the question begs to be asked:

Why aren't YOU going?

Too far away? Well, get back at all of us South Shore denizens and volunteer to host next time around. Tournabout is fair play!!

Didn't know about it? So here's a PERFECT excuse to get on the web and PARTICIPATE!!

You don't like so-and-so, or you can't stand what's-his name? Well, you know what, stand on the other side of the room then! There will probably be at least one person there you can work with. If not, BRING ONE!

If you are testing in November you NEED to attend! There are no two ways about it. Bunkai counts for the test big time, and you have only one shot to impress a tesing board member with it, so now is the time to pick-up on the little things, fix them and then you are home free!

Look, it's just going to be a group of freaky looking karate-ka standing in nice, neat rows, working hard and trying to keep our backsides from sticking out!

October 2 is being hosted by Mike Murphy. Man, talk about mindset! He has a stare in sparing that could scare Satan himself back to Hades. All he ever wants to do, for the most part is get a few students together, work up a good sweat and...

SHUT UP AND TRAIN!!!

So let's not disappoint!!
Allen M.

2nd Regional Workout

Post by Allen M. »

8 from Moulton's dojo

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]
david

2nd Regional Workout

Post by david »

Mike,

I am coming. Count me as .5. Image

david

Return to “Events, Products & Services”