directions for workout

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

mikemurphy

directions for workout

Post by mikemurphy »

Only one week until the second regional workout here in New England. I know there are a tremendous amount of activities people can do lately posted here on Sensei Mattson's page; however, this one is a "no-brainer." It's local, only $10.00 (convers the cost of the rental, etc.), only 2 hours, and a great time, as those who went to the first one will tell you! It's a time to meet someone from a different dojo and make your own connections along with new friends.

It's up to you out there to make these workouts a permanant fixture. It's up to the "regulars" to show up and support the function, and the "newbies" to come and make their own memories. That's the only way this thing works.

I have received calls and letters from various people who say they will be there, but have not heard from others. Let me know if you plan to attend. We not only need you to be there, but want you there; regardless of affiliation. Those of you who have worked out with me, either at these functions or at my dojo, know that I am extremely apolitical when it comes to the arts. I just want to have a good time and experience good people. Don't you?

Come on down and be a part of the experience and ask someone to come with you. Regardless of affiliation or rank!!

See you all there!

Here are the directions once again:

From the North:
1. Go south on Rt. 128 or 93 toward Cape Cod
2. You will merge with Rt. 3 south
3. Follow Rt. 3 until you come to Exit 16B (Weymouth) which is Rt. 18 south
4. Go straight off ramp until you reach your second set of lights (Park Ave.)
- Dunkin Donuts will be on your right and Blockbuster Video will be on your left
5. Take a left onto Park Ave
6. Go straight until your first set of lights (Pleasant St)
-The Intermediate School will be on your left. This is NOT the school.
7. Take a left onto Pleasant st
8. Go down about a 1/4 mile and the Junior High School will be on your left
9. Go around to the left and you will see the Gym.

From the South:
1. Just head up Rt. 3 north until you come to exit 16 and follow the same directions
2. Or just head up Rt. 24 north, go down Rt 128 south until you merge with Rt 3 South and follow the same directions.

Doors open at 9:30.

Cya

Mike
Allen M.

directions for workout

Post by Allen M. »

Mike,

I have commitments from 8 students. If Chris and Dennis are free that morning then they will be there too.

The students I took with me last time were thoroughly impressed with the first regional workout. The encouraged others others from this dojo to go.

I have not seen such a large single class for a number of years as I did last spring at the first regional. To be in a single Uechi-ryu class as large as 200 is an experience not quickly forgotten.

The learning and experience gained, especially by young black belts and kyu students, in only one morning session such as the first regional is immense.

Those who stay away because of affiliation or rank are only depriving themselves of a robust workout and a good time because there is much for everyone and friendship and comraderie for all. Most of us who have been around awhile just want to learn as much as we can. We're all Uechi-ryu, so lets get together and have some fun.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]
gmattson
Site Admin

directions for workout

Post by gmattson »

As someone who has done it all I can only add to Allen's comments that Tracy's last regional workout was fantastic. I really enjoyed working with the senior ranks for my first session and the new students for a second session. I promise to all who attend a very intense and all encompassing workout.

I've cancelled my Saturday class and expect at least 30 students to attend.

Remember. . . its next Saturday. Also remember that successful events are events where seniors encourage their students to participate. Hanging up a notice on the bulletim board without pushing it in class is the same as not supporting the event!

Lets help Mike Murphy make this Regional the best yet.

------------------
GEM
gmattson
Site Admin

directions for workout

Post by gmattson »

A well known Uechi notable has been telling me in private email that everyone seems to have lost interest in the Regional Workout. He came to this conclusion based on the number (or I should say lack of number) of messages lending support to the effort.

Of course, I'm very positive, stating that if anything, the number of people showing up will be greater than the first Regional. Not to be quieted, he came back with a wager: A beer and sandwich to the winner! Naturally I accepted. So how about it New England. . . all roads lead to the Regional this Saturday!
I really, really dislike losing a bet!

------------------
GEM
mikemurphy

directions for workout

Post by mikemurphy »

To all:

Remember this workout will emphasize Bunkai. If you are planning to test this Fall, then you should be there and practice with many of the people who will be on the test board. Let them see you and know that you are serious about your training. Believe it or not, but some of those seniors have real good memories! I know I do :-)

Give me a call Thursday or Friday at my dojo if you have any problems with the directions or just want to chat. (781)963-8891

And don't forget to ask someone you doesn't have access to the internet or from the Shohei side to come along. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Cya on Saturday,

Mike
david

directions for workout

Post by david »

Mike San,

Oh, Poop!!! Just realized this morning that the regional is today and not next week. Double booked myself.

Hope you all have a great workout, a chance to make new friends and to renew old friendships. I think we are seeing more and more commaderie in the Uechi world.

Thanks to you and your students for taking on the regional.

david

Return to “Events, Products & Services”