US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

Announcing the US Uechi-ryu Masters Tour
Sponsored by the Uechi-ryu Butokukai
October 11th -23rd

In celebration of the 25th year anniversary of Sensei Buzz Durkin's dojo, the Uechi Butokukai is sponsoring the US Masters Tour. The pioneers of American Uechi ryu Karate will be teaching seminars at members' dojos during the weeks of October 11th-23rd. The following Uechi Masters have accepted our invitation:

Van Canna 8th Dan
Walter Mattson 8th Dan
Art Rabesa 8th Dan
Jack Summers 8th Dan
Bob Bethoney 7th Dan
Charlie Earle 7th Dan
Jim Maloney 7th Dan
Peter McRae 7th Dan
Al Wharton 7th Dan
Clarence Wilder 7th Dan
Ed Huff 7th Dan

Invitations are extended to the following Uechi Masters (not confirmed as of yet)

George Mattson 9th Dan
Ed DeCosta 7th Dan
John Spencer 7th Dan
Bob Campbell 7th Dan
James Thompson 8th Dan

Mr. Uechi was informed of the event. Mr. Uechi requested that he also be present. His request will be honored. Mr. Uechi will be in attendance and will be presenting seminars!
The seminars will be held at member Butokukai dojos and are OPEN TO ALL UECHI / SHOHEI RYU practitioners. There in NO CHARGE for the seminars however space is limited so you must PREREGISTER! The schedule will be set October 1st. Registration will be accepted at that time.

You may contact the following schools for pre-registration or information:

Buzz Durkin 603-893
Alan Azoff: Lexinton MA: 617-862-8800
Tracy Rose: Northboro MA: 508-393-8779
Michael Rozumek: Pepperell MA: 508-433-8620
Nancy Gavenda: Danvers MA: 508-774-5177
Michael and Warren Chaille 781-662-9203
Beverly Uechi 978-927-0005
Jim Cameron 603-539-1860
Dan Dovidio 603-641-5222
Leyn Burrows 201-891-5715

For more information and scheduling:
http://www.buzzdurkin.com/newsletter/index.html

Commenmorative Shirts will be available at host dojos!

Thank You, hope to see you at our schools

T. Rose
Rokudan, Renshi, Shihan
gmattson
Site Admin

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by gmattson »

Great idea Tracy. . . honoring the 25 anniversary of a wonderful teacher. . .

I'll be pleased to attend Durkin sensei's celebration on Saturday, but because of my mindboggling schedule, will have to beg-off on teaching at his dojos.

I've already committed to Mike Murphy's October Regional workout, two extended seminar tours plus a full schedule at the 'Hut'!

Since I've had an open door policy since 1958, anytime anyone would like to work out with me, all they have to do is drop in.

------------------
GEM
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

The people who go to summer camp know the exceptional quality of these Uechi pioneers. For folks who have not yet attended, you will get a chance to see what you are missing. Hopefully you will haul your butt down to next summer's camp.

To have 2-3 hours with Van sensei one night, a seminar with Mr. Maloney the next, followed by Kamei Uechi, then Al Wharton, Clarence Wilder ....... what an oppurtunity to meet and learn from the Uechi pioneers, the Uechi greats!

Mr. Mattson has always evangalized an open door policy. Whenever there is a Uechi event Mr. Mattson is the first person to support it. Some of us have gotten away from this. Let's all get into the spirit of the regional workouts, get on the floor, train and just have fun. Everyone is welcome! We will ask you to pre-register. We will ask you to buy a commemorative T-shirt. We will ask you to have fun and work hard.

Hope to see you at the Seminar Series and the Regional Workout and the next Summer Camp.

T Rose
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

I have recieved numerous calls and emails asking when and where which instructor will be. The agneda will be posted October first on Mr. Durkin's website. For up to date information go here:

Please remember to call and preregister with the hosting dojo. Space will be tight at smaller dojos such as mine and preregistration is absolutely neccessary in order for the seminar to be successful.

Hope to see as many of you as possible!

later
tracy
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

The schedule of events is now complete!

Please note the the UechiFest is completely full. With such a overwhelming response (over 1000 people will be attending) we must limit attendance to those people with UechiFest buttons. If any dojo owner/instructor would like to attend please contact me and I will attempt to get you a admittance button.

We are expecting tremendous turnout for the seminars. Please pre-register with the hosting dojo. I am honored and pleased to have Sensei(s) Walter Mattson, Art Rabesa and Al Wharton visiting my dojo....

T. Rose
Gary Santaniello

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by Gary Santaniello »

Hi Tracy,

In attempting to veiw the "schedule of events" as to find out whom is teaching when and where, i have tried going to the website of "buzzdurkin.com" however i am unable to connect to it as is. I believe there should be a (@---) following buzzdurkin.------ ?

Please check for me and repost the e-mail for more info if available? Thank you much!

Good to have met you at the 2nd regional. Hope to get out to see you sometime soon.

Respectfully,

------------------
Gary S.
Gene DeMambro

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by Gene DeMambro »

I had a tough time as well. I jumped right to it by typing:

http://www.buzzdurkin.com/newsletter

See if that helps.

I'll be making my reservations first thing Thursday!

Sensei Rose, can we bring photo cameras/video cameras?

Gene
Gary Santaniello

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by Gary Santaniello »

Gene,

That works. I believe i tried to access it incorrectly the first time.

Thank you!

------------------
Gary S.
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

Cameras and video recorders will be welcome in my dojo as long as they do not interfere with what is going on. Please check with the hosting dojo concerning their policy.

Please remember to call the hosting dojo 3 days before the seminar so they may plan for the numbers... it is only courteous...

thank you
t
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

the link works fine for me

copy and paste to your browser...
Paul_C

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by Paul_C »

Hello Mr Rose,

I'm sorry about being last minute on this but I was hoping to attend your seminar on Wednesday with Walter Mattson. If it is still possible I need to know the time it begins. Again my apologies for being late on this.
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

you are more than welcome. Please plan on starting at 7:00 pm sharp. You can reach me at trose@gradient.com if you need directions.

thank you
t
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

Last night our seminar series were kicked off with Mr. Art Rabesa, 8th Dan. What a tremendous seminar!! Fifty people from all over crammed into my small dojo to see and hear Sensei Rabesa's no nonsense approached. What a rush. A heartfelt thank you to Mr. Rabesa. As proficient as Mr. Rabesa is, he made it perfectly clear how he got to where he is: hard work, lots of thought, peers who shed blood,swear and tears with him , and most importantly seniors who would share knowledge with him. This is the spirit of Uechi and what makes us strong.

The people teaching in these seminars are living Uechi treasures. We should, as students of the art, take full advantage of every oppurtunity to train with these people, to try to absorb there knowledge. We owe it to future Uechi generations.

T Rose
T Rose

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by T Rose »

Wow, what a class. Walter Mattson is incredible. I was having flashbacks to when I was in his dojo as a young teen. The concepts and ideas exchange was phenomonal, the hours flew by. There is nothing like seeing such an accomplished martial artist shed his gi top and work on the floor. The crowd (close to 50 of us stuffed in my small dojo) was captivated...

Other guest instructors at our dojos:
Bob Bethoney
Walter Mattson (one more seminar)
Charlie Earle
Clarence Wilder
Kamei Uechi
Jim Thompson
Art Rabesa
Jim Maloney
Al Wharton.....

Come be our guest, you only learn if you participate...

later
Paul_C

US UECHI MASTERS TOUR

Post by Paul_C »

Mr Rose,

I just want to thank-you again for allowing me to visit your Dojo last night. As crowded as it was it was a GREAT class! Your students made me feel very welcome, I had a tremendous time and I will definitely visit again soon.

And for those of you debating weather to visit one of the Dojo's during this tour, I suggest you go. It is well worth the time an effort!

Paul

Return to “Events, Products & Services”