Uechi Demo

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

Fedele Cacia

Uechi Demo

Post by Fedele Cacia »

I would like to thank both Chuck Micciche and Ethan Miller for taking part in my Uechi demo at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Marlboro this morning, and for performing so well with such little time to prepare.

“Way to go guy’s.”
------------
Fedele
T Rose

Uechi Demo

Post by T Rose »

Hey Fedele,

The royal plaza is down the street from my dojo... what was going on there???

later
btw too bad I didn't know, would've helped out anyway I could...
gmattson
Site Admin

Uechi Demo

Post by gmattson »

Must have been a big secret demo! Probably broke a huge chuck of ice using only "Chi" and didn't want any of us to watch!! Or was that 5 baseball bats? Image
Fedele Cacia

Uechi Demo

Post by Fedele Cacia »

Tracey Sensei,
Thanks for the interest and offer to help, had I known, I would have welcomed you with open arms.

Mattson Sensei,
The Demo was a last minute thing, there was a Health and Fitness Expo, and Golds Gym put on a demo of kick boxing, aerobics etc., and asked me if I would be willing to give a ten or fifteen minute demo.

Chuck and Ethan were good enough to offer their assistance at short notice, so I threw together a fast hard and eyebrow raising demo that went down very well!

Sorry, no baseball bats, no "Chi" and the only chunk of ice used, was in the cocktails following the event.

It consisted of a real hard Sanchin test, which I performed on Chuck, “while you weren’t looking”, continuing into Sanchin, followed by Sanseiryu performed by myself. Ethan then performed Seiryu, which done in public may help him on his upcoming test. I then introduced a three-person Seisan Bunkai that we used to do in demos with Jim Hulse Sensei in the U.K. back in the early eighty’s, “enter the big secret”! We finished up with Dan Kumite performed by Chuck and I.

The ironic thing was, not only was the event held in the same building as our annual Uechi event, but the platform on which we performed was in the very same spot as the ring in which we perform every year, and facing the direction of which we normally face. So you see we felt right at home!

Uechi-Ryu, “Spread the word.”
------------
Fedele

Return to “Events, Products & Services”