IUKF Passbook

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

mikemurphy

IUKF Passbook

Post by mikemurphy »

To all the IUKF instructors out there:

New England region seniors decided that students and instructors should be issued passbooks in order to record rank in Uechi/Shohei, other arts, and seminars attended, etc. so that it would be easier to show the board what they have been doing between tests (new requirements dictate that student candidates must attend a particular number of events each year in order to test).

Anyway, they are now complete. They cost $5.00/ea. (to recuperate the loss) and can be had by mailing a check maid out to the IUKF and sent to Uechi-ryu America Karate School, 93 N. Main St. Randolph, MA 02368 781-963-8891

Thanks
cp

Post by cp »

new requirements? is there a list of all the "new requirements"?

what is the "particular number of events" that a student must attend to test?

in the past year I can only think of three adult "events": summercamp, winterfest and the Uechi tourney, were there any regional workouts in the last year?

cp
gmattson
Site Admin

Events

Post by gmattson »

I believe the purpose of the Passbook was to encourage our students to "get out" and participate in various MA activities.

Seminars, tournament of all kinds, dojo visits qualify.

Running events such as the "Regionals" are tough. Lots of work. . . not always great support. But they seem to be catching on. Perhaps with the Passbook, more students will "get involved", even if their teachers are not.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
mikemurphy

passbooks

Post by mikemurphy »

cp,
The new requirements were discussed and decided upon several years ago and have just recently begun to be implemented. For example, the first Dan test with the new regs was las Fall at Gary Khoury's dojo. It was one of the better tests. The new regs are probably posted with your sensei.

I don't know exactly how many events you should attend (slips my mind) but you can as Sensei Mattson. As for events, they can be anything that can be verified. It could be a simple trip to another personl's dojo.

Hope that helps.

mike
cp

Post by cp »

" The new regs are probably posted with your sensei. "

Is there any way to get them publicly posted?
cp

Post by cp »

f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Mike,
Officiating and timekeeping at tournaments is also Passbook material right?
Does the passport program apply to Junior dans as well under the age of 16?
Should the dojo's get a special stamp for marking the passbook?
Do we grandfather back to any time period or does the passbook start now?
Just a few quick questions, I think it's great to encourage exchange between schools and should be a good program if the board enforces the use of it.
Fred
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
mikemurphy

passbooks

Post by mikemurphy »

Fred,

Let me try to answer your questions one-by-one.

1. Officiating & Timekeeping (IMHO) is valid

2. I put Junior Dans ranks under other martial arts for right now as I didn't anticipate it when creating the pages, thus, no line for Junior Shodan.

3. I don't think a stamp for each dojo is necessary. A signature is fine. If we can't trust the senior ranks, then who can we trust.

4. I would say we grandfather everything in your last promotion.

Hope that helps,

mik

Return to “Events, Products & Services”