Uechi's China Link and Darin Yee

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

theseisan

Uechi's China Link and Darin Yee

Post by theseisan »

After reading about Sensei Yee's studies in China and comparisons between Uechi and its roots, I would love to see some discussion about that very subject. The differing philosophies and physicalities are very interesting and would like to learn more. If Sensei Yee is willing, perhaps we can get something started here, or if there is not enough interest, maybe by email. Sadly, I cannot make Winterfest this year to partake in the discussion as it is planned. My email is " royalstarrider13@yahoo.com "

Bob Noel
KentuckyUechi

Re: Uechi's China Link and Darin Yee

Post by KentuckyUechi »

theseisan wrote:After reading about Sensei Yee's studies in China and comparisons between Uechi and its roots, I would love to see some discussion about that very subject. The differing philosophies and physicalities are very interesting and would like to learn more.
Bob Noel
I recently finished reading "The Chronicles of Tao" which although a work of fiction really gets one interested in learning more about the "near magical" secrets of ancient chinese martial arts. However, I also listened to the interview between GEM and Sensei Yee (on this website), and it seemed he really downplayed the martial part of the chinese arts (in that interview).

However, based on Sensei Yee's wealth of experience I'm sure his seminars will be incredibly interesting and educational. And until he has fully explained his experiences and theories, one can not even begin to grasp an understanding of the importance of the Chinese arts.
Everything in Moderation

Return to “Fests_News”