Room for One More?

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

RA Miller

Room for One More?

Post by RA Miller »

I've been far too busy to post on the site for a long time, and I'm sorry for that.
However, it looks like I'll be able to make Summerfest this year. Am I still welcome, George? I've missed you guys.

Rory
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

8)
Mike
gmattson
Site Admin

Rory. . .

Post by gmattson »

:)

That is wonderful news Rory.

I know everyone will be thrilled to work out with you and spend a few quiet hours after dinner sharing stories and catching up with what has been happening during the past few years.

We sure have missed you and Kami and looking forward to seeing you again at this year's SummerFest.

This year the dates for camp are:

Fri, July 30 - Sun, Aug 1st!

Stay in touch and let me know if you need a ride or anything else.

Best,
George
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Rory...maybe you can bring some more of that wonderful scotch :lol:
Van
gmattson
Site Admin

From Bruce Witherell

Post by gmattson »

I will be there. I would like to teach self defense techniques again and I would also like to teach the ju-kumite that I developed some 15 years ago. Do you think the kumite would be a good topic to start teaching so that other dojo's might incorporate it into their programs.?

Bruce
Bruce:

Great idea. I'll put the kumite drill into the seminar schedule.

George
gmattson
Site Admin

Target / Bag & Coaching Seminar

Post by gmattson »

This just in from Robb Buckland:
Jim Maloney , Briget & myself will be training teachers and students on the use of targets and bags for fighters, fitness , self defense & coaches/teachers . Cool

This will NOT be just a basics class ; but an in depth study of a 'language of movement' forged over centuries in gyms and fight clubs the world over. Shocked

If you have gloves, wraps and focus pads please bring them ......

Coaching certifications will be available for qualified participants. Wink

Robb Buckland

Sounds like a winner Robb! See you all in July!
Last edited by gmattson on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmattson
Site Admin

Tai Chi Seminar by Jon Thurston

Post by gmattson »

SummerFest Presenters' Update

From John Thurston

Hello GEM Sensei:
The Focus of the presentation will simply be on matters often unarticulated (except perhaps by yourself) in most Uechi classes.

You will recall the number of "points" to remember that I sent you.
For sure my good friend Eric O'Brien will b coming with me as well aas at least one of my students.

I have attached some prelimary pictures.

We will attempt to discuss TC as it differs from Uechi and as it is similar. Since even the Yang system is older than Uechi it might be argued that it was available for the initiators of Pangainoon as a source.

My "provenance, besides holding black belts from the Uska and six other from Nauka to OKK over the past 31 years is a 20 year history of study in the T.C. Yang Long form.

The object of the presentation will be ro correct or give the attendees (just for Friday and Saturday I assume) a set of parameters to assist them in their Uechi and related martial Arts Studies. Will inside floor space be available? ( at least for the the first session. [Answer: We prefer having all seminars outdoors, but if absolutely necessary, there is always the gym] I will be using one or perhaps two postures of Mantk chia's "Iron Shirt" Chi Kung to assit in postural development.

Genealogically, I estimate I am of the 5th and/or sixth generation level of Uechi practice and of the 12th generation in study of the Yang Family Long Form.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Fests_News”