Some Ideas...

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

RA Miller

Some Ideas...

Post by RA Miller »

George asked me to drop in with some ideas of stuff to cover.

Hands on stuff-- how does everyone feel about elements of ground movement? Or working against a knife at extremely close range? Or re-cap the counter-assaults (Spearhead, Dracula's cape and the counters to rear attacks?) Been doing some fun stuff with blindfolded infighting. Chaos management/manhandling/fighting with dynamics? Core fighting (controlling limbs through the shoulder girdle, spine and pelvis)? Short range power generation? Infighting strikes and kicks?

Talks... have we actually had a class on the law of self-defense? That would be good. The seven elements of self-defense (preview of next book) would work. I'd love to do one on violence dynamics- the different types of attacks and attackers and relevant avoidance and de-escalation strategies.

Any of that sound good?

Rory
gmattson
Site Admin

Rory. . .

Post by gmattson »

All looks good. I'll move you post over to Bill and Van's forum. Many more people visit there.

Best,
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Fests_News”