2013 Martial Art SummerFest. . . 1st weekend in August

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

2013 Martial Art SummerFest. . . 1st weekend in August

Post by gmattson »

Not too early to register. . . Just heard from Rory Miller -

He will be there, teaching a new seminar on "impact fighting"

Jim Maloney responded early. . .

"Looking forward to seeing you at summer fest. Thats about the best of my technology skills. Lol Jim maloney."

and of course, our own Darin Yee:

"It is about that time of the year again for George’s Summer Fest. I’ve always look forward to this event because of the many interesting people who come not only to teach the seminars but also all the acquaintances I’ve made during our prior camps.
Sensei Mattson not only manage to attract some of the best Uechi-Ryu teachers to share their expertise he is also open minded enough to invites a host of other disciplines to come and share their knowledge.
I’ve encourage all my students to attend as there is a whole world of interesting differences out there. To be the best that you can be, one should also be aware of every possible avenue.
This year, I will teach and refresh my Wauki Bunkai. Most of us are taught this wauki block is a universal block which encompasses our entire body. It is the only movement we need to defend from any attack. I agree. I’ve been a student of Uechi-Ryu since 1969 and invested 45 years investigating the most beneficial way to use this motion by studying many of the Chinese systems and connecting their movements with the movements in our Uechi-Ryu system. You will be astonished at the amazing thing you can do with this apparently simple motion.
I have also studied Chinese weapons since 1960. Every weapon has its own distinctive personal movements, nuances and usage. I will bring the 4 major weapons taught to the Chinese Army. You will be able to go through the movements with each weapon to feel and understand the individual weapon. I will be open to any and all discussions or questions regarding Chinese weapons.
I hope you will come join us this August 2, 3, and 4 and encourage your students to be part of this event. Please go to www.uechi-ryu.com for sign up information and be part of a historic event as this Summer Fest is one of the longest running karate events ever."

Darin Yee

All of the regulars will be there as well. How about you????
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Fests_News”