Tony Blauer Summer Camp Offer!

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I am happy to report that Tony is willing to inturrupt his Maine vacation to attend our Summer Camp. . . providing we can assemble 100 of the Uechi seniors for a Sunday morning seminar! (13th of August)
This seminar would take place in the main gymnasium from 9am - lunch time and would be limited to dojo owners and instructors from any self defense system.

Tony would probably attend the Saturday night demonstrations, dan tests and party and would put on a brief demonstration and introduction to his program and "high gear".

I need firm committments! If you qualify and want to be part of this fantastic gathering, please e-mail me ASAP! Watch the Summer Camp Forum for updates!
Best,
George Mattson

========================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
SO when do we set up a national meeting of Uechi-Ryu instructors, introduce them to HIGH GEAR and to the Ballistic-Micro Fight System, teach the 'recipe' for a safe, scientific simulation and start addressing the three fights:
1. Opponent A = your mind.
2. Opponent B = your 'actual' opponent
3. Opponent C = Legal [possible 'after-action self-defense]
and ultimately we make our students safer & then our community safer.

Tony<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited May 19, 2000).]
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Hi George, Just wanted to let you know that I will be in attendance for your Summer Camp 2000. Thought I would give you the topics I would be interested in teaching. I thought about presenting something new and a little off the beaten path. What do you think? If you object to these, certainly I understand.You may already have a full menu of trainers.

1. Dynamic punching - Methods of developing reaction time punching that is powerful and well placed for tournament competition. These are the 'secrets' used by world class karate champions for scoring decisively against evenly matched opponents.

2. Ground stalling tactics for police trainers - A block of instruction from the RRB Systems commercial GROUNDFIGHT! course. This course is designed to teach police officers and security personnel how to control combative subjects who engage them in a groundfight. Police officer trainers and police officer trainer wannabes who attend this course (and I know a few attend camp regularly) should bring a set of handcuffs and a key to see the final steps of securing subjects after the stall.

Empty hand take down tactics - a variety of methods used to take a combative subject to the ground without causing injury. Great for police and security personnel, this course also is of value for anyone who might find themselves asaulted by an aggressive attacker.

Roy Bedard
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

Oh boy! Off to the handcuff store.
Rich

Return to “Fests_News”