WinterFest update

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

WinterFest update

Post by gmattson »

We should be able to post all the details regarding facilities, lodging and a basic idea of who will be teaching at WinterFest. This e-mail was just received:
Dear George,

Hope all is well, I wanted to drop you a note in the latest on the Winterfest. I am meeting with the Palm Beach County Sports Commission tomorrow at 8:30 am, the director is very certain that he can accommodate us with a gymnasium for the event and try to set us up with a host hotel at reasonable rates. I will also have specials on rental cars and activities to do in the area. I know this is a little late, but I believe there is still time to make this event possible. I also mentioned about next years event which we will plan tentatively for around the same dates (Subject To Change) which will help us get a more timely and organized start for next years Winterfest! Again I apologize that this took so long but it looks like we are definitely on the right track now. Please let me know if you have additional input or thoughts on this! As soon as I get the hotel and name of facility I will let you know. Just for your information, the closest Airport is PBIA (Palm Beach International Airport), Ft. Lauderdale might be cheaper to fly in, but will be approximately 40-60 min commute to event area.

Again, thank you for your patience and I will e-mail you tomorrow sometime after the meeting.

Sincerely,

Manny Ayala
Last edited by gmattson on Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Roy Bedard

Post by Roy Bedard »

It has finally all come together. A great Winterfest is planned in sunny and warm West Palm Beach Florida. With the support of the WPB Sports Council and the WPB Uechi-Ryu dojo's we have secured facilities, hotels and restaurants for you to come and enjoy. We need all the support we can get to make WINTERFEST a success. There is still a month left to plan so stay tuned. We will posting the schedule and activities soon.

It is February, but don't forget your bathing suits - it is usually plenty warm enough for a dip in the ocean which is located only minutes from the WINTERFEST venue. 1 hour to Miami, 3 hours to Orlando. Plan to make a full vacation out of your WINTERFEST weekend.

We are looking forward to seeing you there.

Roy

Post by Guest »

is there a firm date? JD Morenski will be at my place on the weekend of the 14th. Will winterfest be after that? Also, if I would like do do a day-tripper thing, will that be possible?

Post by Guest »

Will this be an "open style" seminar? Will my training buddies from Enshin and TKD be able to go?
Roy Bedard

Post by Roy Bedard »

Yes, yes, come one come all. It will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday of that weekend. That's great news that JD will be here. Is he coming?

Roy

Post by Guest »

I emailed him and let him know. He was visiting for the weekend anyway, so the fact that Winterfest was going on is a big bonus! He's coming over Friday night at 9pm so we'll probably just go on Saturday and drive home later that evening. I'm assuming of course, JD is game... i'm sure he will be! Roy, when you get a chance, can you post the fees? thanks man!

Tony

Return to “Fests_News”