Inner Awarness

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Jackie Olsen

Inner Awarness

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Have you ever been in the flow of your kata that the movements that flowed out of you were not necessarily that of the kata, but a combination of all that you've studied/practiced?

I've had quite the experience doing Sanseiryu recently. I started/ended with correct movements, but the middle were whatever movement of the moment was being expressed. I remember thinking (slow thought) that these weren't the moves, but I would just keep moving, naturally. I utilized all the directions ... never broke rhythm ... kept breathing ...it was truly a wonderful experience...
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Jackie:

Yes this has happened to me numerous times. I always make the comment “well, I always thought there should be a ***** there.”

Sometimes when the movement is flowing you go to what may be more natural to you. This is when you can discover wonderful things.

Good post.
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thanks, Rick ...

I look forward to many more experiences of naturalness ahead.
I hear … I forget

I see … I remember

I do … I understand

-Chinese proverb found on
a 2,000 year old temple
LeeDarrow

Post by LeeDarrow »

Kata simply is.

Many often forget the second word of what we practice - Art.

"Art is creative, dynamic, growing, living, breathing and vibrant. Sometimes, it is a conscious exercise - what brushstroke goes here? What bit of clay goes there?

"Sometimes, it flows out of us like an improvisational dance or composition.

"All is Art.

"But to create Good Art, one must understand and be able to apply the basics, whether the 13 basic brushstrokes of Sumi-e or the 54 Steps of Gojushi-prostitute.

"Then and only then, can one transcend the "rules" and compose new, Good Art."
- Bruce Darrow, my late Father.

As a cartoonist, he was quite in tune with art on all levels.

Just some thoughts from someone who has been too busy to be in here for a while...

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
"No matter where you go, there you MIGHT be!" - Heisenberg
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Good to hear from you, Lee,

And to you quotes I'd like to add: Art is the Skill arising from the exercise of intuitive faculties... which is how kata should be executed. Moving fluidly, purposefully, naturally - drawing upon the power source within ... Each kata has its own character or essence and each movement is done as if that was the only one to be executed at that time.
okokart

head massager

Post by okokart »

Cixi KingAo Gifts Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of mini massagers, www.kingaogifts.com,metal crafts and other healthcare products. We are a subsidiary of Cixi Imp. & Exp. Group and located in Cixi City, which is 60km away from Ningbo Port and very close to Shanghai Port.

We have scientific management and strict qualitycontrol system. Integrating R&D, production

and sales,we can constantly supply you the latest products with high quality and good service. Our five assemble lines can guarantee you timely delivery. Now, our products are mainly exported to the USA, Europe, Japan and other countries and regions.

We welcome clients from all over the world to inquire. We promise that any of your inquiries will get our immediate reply.

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”