The Journey Has Begun!

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Jackie Olsen

The Journey Has Begun!

Post by Jackie Olsen »

It is just a matter of hours before I & 26 other women leave on the Women's Karate Friendship Tour to have the martial arts experience of a lifetime in the birthplace of our Uechi Ryu. To say that I am excited doesn't even begin to express my joy at the prospect of this creative heart/soul journey. It is a destiny piece for me as I am sure the challenges, knowledge, and friendships will impact me in ways I haven't begun to experience. It has been a delight and pleasure to embrace the additional training required for this trip. I've appreciated Email bonding with many of the tour's participants and look forward to finally meeting everyone!

Dana on the Women's forum has a great idea of a journal; so do check in to see if any of us can access a computer to report on our travels.

In the event that we can't, Rick, moderator of the Northern Lights Forum, has graciously consented to check in over here to see that the forum stays wholesome.

Thank you to all -- on-line and at the dojo -- who have supported and sponsored me in my endeavors. Thanks to Mattson Sensei for his support and encouraging us to use the forum for our appeals/information; Thanks to Thompson Sensei and Arch Sensei for the hours spent with me, examining form and philosophy. Thanks to Kim, Loretta, Teresa, Rochelle, and Kathi -- my Michigan buddies also making this journey, for their patience. Thanks to Dana ... for the hours spent dreaming the reality of this trip and being another voice of reason...

And especially deep thanks to Peggy Hess Sensei for all her "imaginings", and Steve Banchick Sensei for his wonderful support and prodding ...

All -- your celebration of this journey with me has touched my heart.

See you in May ...

Man has no body distinct from his Soul, for that called Body is a portion of Soul discern’d by the 5 senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age … William Blake
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Have a great trip!

I am sure everyone will respect how you prefer your forum to operate while you are gone.

:D
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thanks for the wishes, Rick, & watching the forum.

Jackie

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”