Martial Arts Training

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Jackie Olsen

Martial Arts Training

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Martial Arts training knows no finitude. If you feel you have fulfilled the prupose of your discipline, you therein go against the pursuit of the Way. Devote your whole life to the cause of training. Die with a feeling of incompleteness. Then, you shall be highly valued by future generations as a martial artist whose purpose was mightily accomplished. Though hard, indeed, it may be to banish wordly thoughts and follow the Way with single-minded devotion, that is what you must do, for impurities are against the Way. Know the purity of mind that wills one thing. Hagakure

This quote was found in the International Women's Tour Festival Program which we all received. It was quite something to devote two weeks to training, without thought of computers, work issues, family demands, etc. I am sure we all felt quite incomplete. The more we learned, the more I realized truly how much more there is to learn.

The Way of Martial Arts is not for everyone, and certainly not for those of faint heart or lack of passion and spirit. Those who train understand ... those who do not shake their heads. It was a great to forge a deeper bond with our teachers and with each other. It was great to be among people who understand why I train...no explanations necessary.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi Jackie,
obviously the experience was totally rewarding to all of you ,"it was great to be among people who understand why I train...no explanations necessary"

Max.
max ainley

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”