Sukoto Geri "Lucky"

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
CANDANeh

Sukoto Geri "Lucky"

Post by CANDANeh »

When leashed, it was so loose I know you understood
A leather tether, that was never meant for strain.
The tether was often a welcomed sight for those we walked by, and so often you looked up and gave me a knowing "smile."
My children you tended as they were ours, countless times I grinned when out of sight I heard you sigh. The boys have endless memories in antics you shared, in so many ways they went closer to your heart than I. How often you protected and comforted them we can never know.
Words spoken by friends have life, words you heard from us went to your soul.
When I found you in your endless sleep I felt a farewell, I sat with you in peace as time stood still. I saw you as a pup comically leaping to see over the tall grass. I saw you searching for that lost ball. I strained to hear your warning bark so now dearly missed.
A part of me is gone, but a part of you remains.
You laid at our feet with dignity one last time.
Léo
gmattson
Site Admin

Beautifully expressed Leo

Post by gmattson »

The first article published on this site was the one I wrote following the passing of our beloved "Bally".

Susan and I have had a love affair with our Pitbulls, ever since I brought home a scruffy little puppy ("Herman" - half standard Poodle & half Pitbull) back in the early 70s. Tia, our latest, is nearly 10 years old and still acts like a puppy. It breaks our hearts to read about the plight of the breed throughout the USA.

I hope you are loving and playing with a new puppy by now. Sue and I always made sure a puppy shared the last few years with our dog. For some reason, the puppy learned from the old dog, those things that made Sue and I happy and picked up many of the old dog's habits and mannerisms, so when the time came to say goodbye, the sorrow passed more easily.

You can learn a lot about people by observing their pets. You must be a very wonderful person Leo.

Best to you and your family,

George, Susan and "Tia"
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Van
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

I agree :cry:

Post by Guest »

Bitter sweet days Leo, You have mentioned an auzzie or was it an auzzie shepard cross.... in a few of our chats. I know this was a special dog....fill the hole in your heart with fond memories my friend.

Who knows now that your berry wines are unprotected you may find me in your cellar one day :wink: . Until that day drink a toast to lucky and enjoy the bond you once shared.

" A part of me is gone, but a part of you remains," Says it all Leo!

My heart goes out to you.

Laird
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

Thank you all for the kindness. Those who never experienced a bond with another species would simply say it was only a dog. Understandable and likely unexplainable to anyone unless experienced in some form. It can occur even with someone elses pet, right Van?
I never hestitate to share my thoughts on these forums as many of the kindest and sincerest people I have know are MA, so few of my "non MA" friends can believe that as well.
I would like to share a statement that has been my personal "mission statement" which I found of all places on a fridge magnet.
" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
Trust me, it`s a challenge :)
Léo
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

It can occur even with someone else’s pet, right Van?
True, Leo. I used to visit a friend quite often, and I became very friendly with "Simon" a beautiful German Shepard …when he passed on, it felt like a very personal loss.

And, yes, we have much to learn from the devotion of fine animals like
”Lucky” He was indeed…to have had such a fine person as you…. As his master.
Van
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Losing of a pet is so very hard, they're all so very special. Animals are true receivers of energy. The times I'm sick or just 'down', my dog Zeus (Aussie/Border mix) will just come by & Curl up beside me and helps me feel better.

In the Native world, it is taught that animals take on the energy of their human companion and that is why they are called "sweet medicine".

After my last dog passed on, it took a couple of years before Zeus 'found me'. I am the 4th owner and he was due to be put down. It is beyond me how no one could truly see how great this dog is.

My sympathies on the loss of your pet. May you be blessed by sweet memories...

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”