online personality test

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
mugaku

online personality test

Post by mugaku »

hi Jackie,

i found this variation of the Myers-Briggs personality test which seems to have some merit, though we are all resistant to being "typed".. so, for your amusement and possible insight:

http://www.keirsey.com/cgi-bin/keirsey/newkts.cgi

mugaku (aka INFP)
Jackie Olsen

online personality test

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Hi Mugaku..

What Fun! I wonder if certain types are more drawn to the martial arts than others?! Thanks!

Jackie (also a iNFp with secondary eNFp)
david

online personality test

Post by david »

Every time I see a "test" that is true or false, one or another, I tend to revolt. I see the world in shades of grey and have a hard time with just black and white.

Guess the test won't work for me...

david
mugaku

online personality test

Post by mugaku »

david, you've answered at least three of the seventy questions with your response... Image

i have found my answers to the questions to vary from day to day but the scatter is pretty tight

it is as you say, shades of gray

jackie, from the extremes i have witnessed on these forums and martial artists i know, i would imagine m.a.'s to be all over the board temperment-wise...
Jackie Olsen

online personality test

Post by Jackie Olsen »

David ...

Yes, I know we can "read" anything into everything if we want to. But, I have taken a battery of these tests (whether for employment assessment or at a seminar) and have found that even though a personality may change over the years, there is still a "core" personality which remains the same.

So, it's not a matter of something "working" or not ... it's just perception on how you and/or others see you.

Because you're in the human services field ... have you ever utilized personality assessments in your work? I find that knowing human nature (especially my own) helps me understand people better.

Jackie
david

online personality test

Post by david »

Jackie,

Interesting you ask. There was a test I took actually twice in different seminars. I forget the name but it basically gets at one's "management style." My results basically fall along the middle between team oriented and autocratic. Where there's the luxury of time and circumstances, I tend to be team oriented, letting people develop their skills. When it's crunch time and a decision has to be made, I have no problem making the call and living with the results. In other words, I tend to be affected by the context rather than just personal predilections.

That test was more interesting because it does allow for variation of responses instead of diametrically opposed ones. The answers are plotted on four quatrants, each representing a specific "style." (I don't recall what they are anymore.)

I do believe people have a "core" personality but it is hard to capture on overly simplistic test. It's also hard to capture by one application of a test. A person can be "off" their "normal" mode because of illness or some other triggering event on the day of the test.

david

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”