Be careful what you wish for!!!

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

A man was complaining: Oh Lord, please have mercy on me, I work so hard, meantime my wife stays at home. I would give anything if you would grant me one wish, "switch me into my wife." She's got it easy at home. I want to teach her a lesson of how tough a man's life is.

As God was listening he felt sorry for this soul and granted his wish. Next morning the "new woman" wakes up at dawn, makes lunch boxes, prepares breakfast, wakes up the kids for school, puts a load of clothes in the washer, takes the meat out of the freezer, drives the kids to school, on his way back stops at the gas station, cashes a check, pays the electricity and phone bills, picks up some clothes from the cleaners, and then quickly goes to the market.

It was 1:00 o'clock already, he made the beds, took the clothes out of the washer and put another load in. He vacuumed the house, made some rice, went to pick up the kids from school, and had an argument with the kids.

As soon as he got home he fed the kids, washed the dirty dishes, he hung the damp clothes he had washed on the chairs because it was raining outside, he helped the kids with their homework, watched some TV while he ironed some clothes, prepared dinner, he gave the kids a bath and put them to sleep.

At 9:00 o'clock he was so tired and he went to bed. Of course there was some more duties, like the mattress mambo, and somehow he managed to get that done and finally fell a sleep The next morning he prays to God once again: "Oh Lord, what was I thinking when I asked you to grant my wish?" I can't take it anymore.

I beg you please switch me back to myself, please oh please."

Then he heard God's voice speaking to him, saying: "Dear son, of course I'll switch you back to yourself but there's one minor detail, you will have to wait 9 months because last night you got pregnant.
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Material for Helen Reddy.

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”