The Day After...

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
david

The Day After...

Post by david »

the longest night. Another cycle passed and we move onward towards the light. Years to learn and accept the darkness, the contraction and the memories of loss and thoughts of "what could have been." Yet, without these, how fully would we appreciate the light, the joy and love in the present, and possibilities of the yet-to-be?

Another season, another solstice, another year. The time will come when we must give up our space in the light to those who follow and recede into the darkness to join with those who had gone before. This is the larger cycle.

In the here and now, blessed are we. It's our turn to be in the light of the larger cycle.

Best wishes for the new year.

david
Lori

The Day After...

Post by Lori »

david-san,

A striking and beautiful observance of the season and the symbolism of the solstice that strikes a deep chord with me... thank you for this and all of your well written insights that you share with us on these pages.

Peaceful and Prosperous New Year to all,
Lori
david

The Day After...

Post by david »

Lori,

Just uttering my thoughts and feelings with no particular end or audience, a sort of meditation. However, in so much as these have resonnance, the wall that seemingly surrounds is breached for however short or long the moment.

Thank you for your comments. I too have enjoyed your many posts. Some of them have been very illuminating for some of us on this "side," and most have offered a simple but needed affirmation of our common humanity.

david
Jackie Olsen

The Day After...

Post by Jackie Olsen »

David,

How beautifully said indeed. May there be beauty always surrounding you as you continue your journey home. May all be blessed with the awakening of true love and compassion. May we all together realize perfect peace.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
david

The Day After...

Post by david »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
IF I should die,
And you should live on,
And time should gurgle on,
And morn should beam,
and noon should burn,