Jackie, are you out there?

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
nick

Post by nick »

Jackie,

I haven't seen any postings lately, although I read mostly and don't post often, I enjoy your forum alot.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

nick

------------------
"We forge our bodies in
the fire of our will." Han
from 'Enter the Dragon'
nick

Post by nick »

Jackie,

I understand. Good luck with your journey.

My thoughts are with you.

nick

------------------
"We forge our bodies in
the fire of our will." Han
from 'Enter the Dragon'
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thanks for asking and kind words … yes, I am here, though I've been unable to access a computer these past two weeks.

In Karate I have learned (and am still learning) to rid myself of unnecessary movements. To eliminate wasted energy. To relax and focus only when needed. Same is true for speech. I have given myself a "warrior's task assignment" to eliminate unnecessary chatter. Where attention goes ... energy flows.

Those who "cyber-know-me" might remember what an incredibly hard year I had last year. Deaths…pain… illness…being stalked…. Unable to train … truly these events tried my spirit as I experienced a very intense dark night of the soul.

This year the illness and pain are easing (thanks to a "turning of the wheel, " gentle Sanchin, rest, chinese herbs, rest, and Evan's ChiGung .) The sorrow and experiences have been woven into my life's tapestry. Stronger, vibrant threads are now replacing the threadbare strands.

I believe there comes a point in training where you must turn inward and learn from your inner master. You must find your own answers and stop being the student who perpetually seeks answers from outside. The power of silence can be a mighty teacher.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”