Art Rabesa's loss

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill B.

Art Rabesa's loss

Post by Bill B. »

To everyone who knows Art Rabesa I pass on the sad news that his father passed away yesterday. I knew his father many years and he was a good man. If you would like Art's address, phone number and/or funeral arrangements, you can call me at 508-540-0059 or email at billbauknecht@aol.com. Art does not have a computer.
Rest in Peace Arthur Rabesa Sr.

Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Thanks for letting us know.

His father had been sick a long time. May God bless his soul.

Was his father living out of State?

What are his funeral arrangements?
Van
Bill B.

Art

Post by Bill B. »

He was living back here Van, actually in Mashpee. Viewing will be Thursday, 2-4 PM and 7-9 PM. at Chapman, Cole and Gleason Funeral Home on Main St. in Falmouth. If you are planning to come let me know, I will be going and maybe we can meet and I can show you where it is. There will be a funeral mass at 10 AM Friday at St. Anthony's church in East Falmouth. Burial will be at the church cemetery. Art's mother has not been well either, she has been in a nursing home but he told me she is making a comeback and they talked about sending her home. She is a tough ole lady and it wouldn't surprise me. Art's parents have been divorced for many years but both have been near by, his dad did live in Florida for a good while.
If you can't make it down I'm sure Art would appreciate hearing from you. Can you let Bobby B. know? I wasn't able to get hold of him. Thanks.
Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Bill,

I would like to meet you and go to the wake between 2 and 4 PM.

Can you email me and let me know where and what time we can meet at an easy spot?

Give me the correct address and number of the meeting location, so i can punch it into my car's navigation system.

Have left message with Bethoney's daughter, Bob is to call me later.

Will contact Jim Maloney.
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Bill,

Maloney called, he will be in touch with Art.

Jay will be there too, and he may have Peter Blackman along as well. We will drive down together once we find out where to meet you.
Van
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

Van if Peter is coming with you he knows where my house is. It will probably be easier to just come here. If not I will get you directions off via email and will meet you at an easy place for you to find.
Bill
Bill B.

Art

Post by Bill B. »

If anyone would like me to pass on condolences to Art let me know and would be glad to do so at the wake tomorrow. I have several to pass on. email me at billbauknecht@aol.com.
Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Bill,

Talked to Bob Bethoney.

We [Jay, Peter, and I] decided to pick up Gordon, then drive to Bob's dojo
in Pembroke, pick him up and drive to the funeral home direct. Be there by 8
PM.

Then we would take Art out to eat. If you want to join us, let us know.

do me a favor and give me some easy directions to the funeral home from
Pembroke, with the street number, and if possible the home's phone number.

Thanks, Bill.
Van
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

All info in your email box Van. See you tonight.
Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Okay, I will post directions in case anyone else wants to visit.
Come across the Bourne bridge and continue around the rotory onto Rt. 28 towards Falmouth/Woods Hole. You will go through the Otis AFB rotary, half way around and continue on 28. Just follow that and it will bring you straight into Falmouth. You will come to a light which turning right takes you to the hospital and turning left turns you onto Jones Rd.

DO NOT TURN, CONTINUE straight ahead through the light. Follow on towards Woods Hole until you veer to the left at the sign for Falmouth, this is Main St. Don't go straight at that point or it will take you to Wood Hole.

If you see a gas station on the right, corner of Depot St., you have gone too far. I can't remember the name of that street but that left turn will take you directly onto Main St. across from a large church, St. Barnabas, you yield to traffic and continue on bearing left. (Main St.)

The funeral home is a good ways down on the right. Cole, Gleason, Jenkins Funeral Home, 475 Main St.. It's just before another church, St. Patrick's. You can park behind the funeral home, turn in just before the building, or you can park in the church parking lot.

come down Rt. 24 or Rt. 3. If you come down 3 you have to go across the Sagamore Bridge and take the first exit. It curls you down to a stop light where you take a left. That runs you right along the canal to the Bourne Rotary. Just hop in that rotary, go 3/4 around to the 28 to Falmouth and follow the other direction
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Bill,

Nice to see all the messages of sympathy and support, Art Rabesa got here on your forum, in the hour of his beloved father’s death. Also he did not get any personal phone calls.
It pays to know who your friends are but it also pays to know you ain’t got any friends.
Bob Dylan (b. 1941), U.S. singer, songwriter.
Van

Post by Guest »

Van,

I'm sure also that Art and his family received many silent prayers from so many who read these forums who know him by reputation but have not yet had the pleasure of meeting him.

I know all those of our Uechi brothers and sisters join me in saying, "May his Dad rest in peace".
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

How sad it is to think of someone who "ain't got any friends." :( What can we do but to offer ourselves. :D

Return to “Special Needs”