Bruce Witherell medical update...

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Bruce Witherell medical update...

Post by gmattson »

Just received this from Bruce...
Thank you for the kind words on Bill's forum. I appreciate all of you more than you'll ever know. Bill was right on keeping a strong check on things. You can't just look in a mirror and think everything is all right. I never felt a thing, never slowed down, and if not checking on an uncomfortable feeling in my chest I would never have caught it.

Three weeks ago I sparred 5 rounds with one of my students. I never smoked, never drank, never did drugs, I'm not diabetic, or overweight, and hell not even in the age group that this happens to. Genetics got me. Keep an eye on family history and if my experience can save just one of you guys from the knife it is all worth it.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I underwent Quadruple by-pass surgery Tuesday the 12th. There is something to be said about our training and conditioning because I was out of the hospital by Saturday. Sorry I didn't make your class Raffi my heart just wasn't in it.

George has called twice to check on me and told me to check the forums, because you guys had been asking about me.

Bruce Witherell

Return to “Special Needs”