One for the "Alternative Kooks"!

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

One for the "Alternative Kooks"!

Post by gmattson »

I remember a while back when I wrote about glucosamine sulfate helping friends avoid costly operations. Seems to me a certain Doctor called me names and strongly urged people to opt for the AMA options, which were proved scientifically superior to offbeat witchcraft alternatives!!!

"A dietary supplement made from crab, lobster, and shrimp shells protects arthritic joints against deterioration, according to a three-year European study discussed yesterday at a major rheumatology meeting in Bostong."

"The study marks one of the first times that a large, rigorous human study has verified the effectiveness of an "alternative" therapy that has developed a wide following through nonscientific, work-of-mouth recommendations. "

Interestingly, no one knows how glucosamine sulfate might prevent the cartilage that lines and cushions joints from wearing away.!!! [maybe Chi??? - ED]

------------------
GEM

Return to “Special Needs”