How much can one take and still come up fighting?

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Bill Bauknecht has been fighting deadly cancer for a number of years now, and every time he wins a battle, the disease goes back to regroup then return in force, no matter what he does.

I opened this evening's email you sent, and wish to say to you, Bill, that you have been an inspiration to me since I have known you, and if I can be there for for you somehow, some way, if only in the spirit, .....
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

Thank you Allen and I would like you and others to continue our discussion. There have been a few comments but I have a feeling there are lots more people who are checking in and reading. It is a hard subject to discuss if one has not come face to face with the devil. You have been there, your experience can help others. We can call you Dr. Al !! Thanks again buddy, will be in touch.
Bill
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Ok, but with reservations.

I received some very disturbing news last night from someone who has become a good friend over the past several years. It is so difficult to talk about sickness, disease, crippling injury and advancing years because most do not want to hear about it, maybe partially because they know the odds are that it will reach them someday.

Besides, this is Uechi-ryu, meant for young fighters only, right? I've got news for the whippersnappers out there, most of us older ones who wear life's journey on our body and faces are here only because we are still fighters, and damn tough too. And we are also still young with the fire in our hearts that can never be taken away from us and can never die. So we have everything y'all do plus much that you don't -- life's experience.

Bill wanted to continue the discussion, so I reveal the contents of last night's letter in hopes that everyone who reads it contacts him in some way.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Just found out today, cancer in my skull and upper leg now. Now I REALLY can
say life is too damn short!! Don't know what they have in mind. I think there
is only chemo until it becomes immune to that. Well, whatever, we gave it a
good run. Take care.
Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I wouldn't give up on Bill just yet. . .

He is supposed to play golf with my next week and I know he wouldn't disappoint me.

------------------
GEM
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Bill's not giving up. I depend too much on his spirit.
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

My heart goest out to you Bill ... you truly are an inspiration on living with integretity, dignity and emotion. It is not easy to put yourself out there and show your vulnerability.

My prayers are with you as you face yet another challenge.

May you be surrounded by beauty and sustained by all those who love and support you.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Allen ... well said ...

Jackie
Panther

Post by Panther »

Bill, if you happen to jump in and read this...

Count another family that has you in their prayers. After reading your post, called my Momma... She's heading over to her church (in NC) this evening for a group and said that she'll tell everyone, knowing that they'll all join in with prayers and "good energy" your way.

Hurry back... we need the continued inspiration. Image

Return to “Special Needs”