Has this ever happened to you?

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

One day this guy, who has been stranded on a desert island all alone for ten years, sees an unusual speck on the horizon.

"It's certainly not a ship," he thinks to himself. As the speck gets closer and closer, he begins to rule out the possibilities of a small boat, then even a raft. Suddenly, emerging from the surf comes this drop-dead gorgeous blonde woman wearing a wet suit and scuba gear. She approaches the stunned guy and says to him, "Tell me, how long has it been since you've had a cigarette?" "Ten years" replies the stunned man.

With that, she reaches over and unzips a waterproof pocket on her left sleeve and pulls out a pack of fresh cigarettes. He takes one, lights it and takes a long drag and says, "Man oh man! Is that ever good!" "And how long has it been since you've had a sip of bourbon?" she asks him. Trembling, the castaway replies: "Ten years!" She reaches over, unzips her waterproof pocket on her right sleeve pulls out a flask and hands it to him.

He opens the flask, takes a long swig and says "Wow, that's absolutely fantastic!" At this point, she starts slowly unzipping the long zipper that runs down the front of her wet suit, looks at him seductively and asks, "And how long has it been since you've played around?"

With tears in his eyes the guy falls to his knees and says. "Oh sweet Jesus! Don't tell me you've got golf clubs in there too!"
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

Actually it happened to me last week George. But durn if she didn't forget the damn putter!! My favorite club!!
Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Good to see you back on your forum Bill. How about an update on your condition? Everyone has been asking me about you and all I keep saying is: "Bill is still hanging in there and looking forward to Spring so he can get me back on the golf course!"

------------------
GEM
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

Still hanging in there!! Monday I have the whole day in Boston, test, test, test again. Hopefully they will be good. Been very busy unpacking. The new house is nice but still lots to do. Waiting for the warm weather, golf is just around the corner. What a relief that will be. I will be calling Art to see when he is coming up that way, hope to join him so I can say hi to everybody.
Bill
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Bill,

Good to see you "knocking around"..you are a special friend and we all love you.

------------------
Van Canna
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Sue and I had the opportunity to visit Bill last month and see his new home! Wow... Absolutely beautiful. Bill showed me where my bedroom will be located.(up in the attic) Image

Looking forward to the first golf match of the year. . .

------------------
GEM
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

That's quite a mansion Bill has, Eh George? Looking over the railings from the top of the stairs I saw a beautiful, spacious, well sunlit dojo layout to my left. Going to be pretty tough to change some of the bulbs and dust some lamps though. Image

Wonder if he's got his pool table in yet? Bill?

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

Allen, take a look at my post "Progress". It contains the info on the pool table. On schedule, the rug went in today. If everything else works, Thursday is the table delivery day. Of course I figure this predicted weather will blow away all.

Bill
Bill B.

Post by Bill B. »

WELL!!! Guess what, the pool table is here and is beautiful!!! The only thing is, years ago I was a pretty decent pool player, I tried out the table and found that no matter what glasses I wear, even with none, I can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. How depressing!! Can't see my golf shots, can't see the cuts shooting pool table. What else can go wrong. LOL I expect to be a new man if I can get those implants. Things are getting so bad, today I goosed my wife and found out it was my neighbor Steve. BYE!
Mary S

Post by Mary S »

Bill, Lori MD and I used to play a lot of pool (had our own sticks, did all the long bank shots, threw the English out every now and then just to show off) Image We now play very rarely but the running joke for me is I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat!!! My excuse is always that the table isn't level. Image Good luck with the pool. I sense you will have a few challenges coming your way! Image
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Just in time to use it for Friday's snowstorm. It is red, right?

Return to “Special Needs”