Plantar Warts ??

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bob S.

Plantar Warts ??

Post by Bob S. »

I have a large (nickel sized) Plantar wart on my left heel that is being extreemly persistant.

I have tried the Salasilic acid route and it only make my foot ache when I had a large whole in my wart, but it came back.

I had it frozed by a foot doctor (Podietrist sp?)
and it came back again.

I am currently trying a mixture of Oregano Oil, Lemon Oil and Tea Tree Oil applied twice a day after the area is sanded down. This SEEMS to be working but is slow going.

Anyone have any better ideas, or other oils that might be more agresive ??

Bob@Sissonfamily.com

Plantar Warts ??

Post by Guest »

Wrong season but try the juice of the milkweed plant 3 times / day until the wart is gone.Painless but juice will turn black and sticky.

Laird
candan

Plantar Warts ??

Post by candan »

We had outbreak at our Dojo as of now.. try having all floors disinfected by adding a product such as "detal" to floor cleaner. They are easy warts to transmit been there and man its a battle.
gmattson
Site Admin

Plantar Warts ??

Post by gmattson »

Candan:

Are you talking about carpeted flooring or wood?

Thanks,

------------------
GEM
candan

Plantar Warts ??

Post by candan »

Sorry for slow response. Wood floors and it was indicated that the fungus may reside in the cracks esp. considering sweaty feet. Three out of twenty in one class had the warts. I used a home remedy that worked but I bit my arm in pain...gotta think more before I act
Bob Sisson

Plantar Warts ??

Post by Bob Sisson »

You mentioned a home remedy...

What was it? A little pain would be tolerable compaired to the dull ache I have lived with for months....
dmsdc

Plantar Warts ??

Post by dmsdc »

I've not done it but a woman in my office used a homeopathy remedy on her daughter. She said the warts came right out after about 3 days with their roots trailing. (yick).

Anyway, if there's a whole foods market or a fresh fields or a homeopathic doctor you can get to it may be an option.

I've never really used homeopathy myself, but she was so amazed at how quickly it fixed her daughters warts she raved about it all last summer.

Dana
LeeDarrow

Plantar Warts ??

Post by LeeDarrow »

Bob-sama,

Plantar warts are caused by a virus (I believe, it may be a bacteria, I'll leave that to the docs) that is somewhat treatable by medication. Check with a University hospital that has a good research program going.

When I had one, they used X-ray treatment. 4 exposures in a laser-like setup and then they just pulled it out with a pair of giant tweezers. No recurrance.

Considering the persistance of the little doover, you might want to consider this route.

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.

Return to “Special Needs”