Summer Camp

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill B.

Summer Camp

Post by Bill B. »

Another summer camp has come and gone. I believe the 2002 camp was one of the best, maybe even the best one yet. For me, no question. I thank George and Susan once again for a dynamite job putting all this together. The quality of the seminars was excellent, participation was vigorous. This was also a time for meeting up with old friends, for some it was a year, seemed like a month. The highlight was the Master promotion. It was my honor to sit on that board again this year. All the candidates were exceptional and though Bob Campbell had injured his back and was restricted to doing a san chin, just his presence was overwhelming. He was greeted with a standing ovation, he parted with the same. What a credit to our Uechi Family and our circle of friends. Once again, congratulations to ALL the black belt candidates and to the Masters. I remember last year when Sensei Bethaney commented that "This is what it's all about." How true. I hope that all students who witnessed these performances saw what is down the road, what hard work will bring, and see that, indeed, "This is what it's all about." To George and Susan, and all who helped put this camp together, again, I thank you for a wonderful time. Though I have been to most all the camps, I consider the last seven to be mine. You know why. I look forward to 2003!!!!
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”