Medical Medallion

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Medical Medallion

Post by gmattson »

One of our Uechi instructors invented this neat medical medallion. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
"It speaks for you when you can't speak for yourself!"
If you or someone you know has a medical problem, this medalion might be something you should have. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Following an accident or injury, precious time is often lost by emergency responders, as they seek answers about the person's blood type, whether he or she is on medication, has a pre-existing medical condition or has allergies. Some medical procedures must be withheld until certain information is obtained on their accident victims.
Check it out at http://uechi-ryu.com/store/medicalmedalion.htm

------------------
GEM
Deep Sea

Medical Medallion

Post by Deep Sea »

I'm looking to wear a medallion that certifies I am in perfect health. Nothing less will do.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Bill B.

Medical Medallion

Post by Bill B. »

That is a great idea!! How about this one. What I have is a bracelet, like an ID bracelet but it has a medical medalion on it. I typed out all my important medical history on the computer, small type. It has my Dr., where I am treated, my illness, all my medicines and dosage, who to contact in emergency, address, phone number and any other important info. It is all folded up like an accordian and put in the bracelet. I can bring it up to date, having saved the info, make any changes as necessary. The doctors and hospitals love it, whenever they ask what meds you are taking, just hand them the paper and they copy it. Since then, I have made up an info card for my wife, about the size of a driver's license, and then laminated it with that clear plastic stuff. She keeps it in her wallet and again just gives it to the doctor and they copy it. Saves all kind of time and keeps everything up to date and solves the problem of forgetting some meds or other important info. Try it, you'll like it!!
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”