Can YOU help keep this girl alive?

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Can YOU help keep this girl alive?

Post by Guest »

Please read. A 17 year-old received a heart-lung transplant with the wrong type blood.

http://www.4jhc.org
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Guest? It was I who wrote the above! Now I have a little more insight into some of the inner workings.
Last edited by Deep Sea on Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

She was in the news, nationwide yesterday having received a secont transplant. There's not much hope for her and her family has been asked to stand by to possibly pull the plug on her life-support system.
-- Allen
Bill B.

Transplants

Post by Bill B. »

I have been following the news on this here in Florida. A tragic mistake, wrong blood type. The poor girl really didn't have much of a chance after that first transplant. As I understand it, she was brain dead and they pulled the plug and she passed away. It seems that in certain cases the hospital does not need permission from the parents to pull the plug. It looks like they are legally on safe ground there but they will certainly have to pay heavily for the blood type mistake. There is no amount of money that can bring their daughter back. Very sad.
Bill
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Nothing can replace a life, Bill.

Enjoy the sunshine and I hope you get sunburned.
-- Allen

Return to “Special Needs”