Fibromyalgia

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill B.

Fibromyalgia

Post by Bill B. »

I am still in Florida and I am trying to find someone who has the disease Fibromyalgia. If anyone knows anything about this one, knows someone who has it, please let me know. I would like to put a friend in contact with some people who may be able to help with information, medication, treatment etc. I prefer actual patients if possible. Thanks for any help.
Bill
Bill B.

Found Info.

Post by Bill B. »

Managed to get all information needed on this subject. No more help needed. Thanks.
Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Hi Bill

Post by gmattson »

I just returned from California. Sorry to have missed you in Florida.

When will you be back in New England?

Going to be 50 degrees tomorrow. . . But. . . weather supposed to turn cold again Thursday. Better stay in Florida for awhile.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
LeeDarrow

Re: Fibromyalgia

Post by LeeDarrow »

Bill B. wrote:I am still in Florida and I am trying to find someone who has the disease Fibromyalgia. If anyone knows anything about this one, knows someone who has it, please let me know. I would like to put a friend in contact with some people who may be able to help with information, medication, treatment etc. I prefer actual patients if possible. Thanks for any help.
Bill
Bill,

My wife has fibromyalgia. She's on a regimen of anti-inflammatory, anti-depressants (and it applies directly to fibromyalgia's actions in the body), a painkiller as needed and several other medications.

She has also forced herself to take several ballet and jazz dance classes each week on Doctor's recommendation. It's tough, but she's making excellent progress.

There are a number of sites out there on this disease, do a Google search on the word and you will get an immense amount of information, including some on support groups and the like.

Sorry this took so long, but I don't browse this forum all that often.

My apologies,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Return to “Special Needs”