Seek teacher or fellow practitioner near Clearwater, FL.

Locate a teacher or instructor in your area. Also a forum for posting information about your new or unpublicized dojo.

Moderator: gmattson

zwerdling

Seek teacher or fellow practitioner near Clearwater, FL.

Post by zwerdling »

I'm looking for someone of dan rank to work out with on the Gulf Coast of Florida, from New Port Richey to Clearwater, including Tampa, and St. Petersburg. An established dojo would be nice, but not a requirement.

I understand Frank Gorman is teaching in the area, but have not been able to locate him. Anyone have contact info?
Michael Zwerdling, R.N.
Zwerdling Nursing Archives
P. O. Box 235
Elfers, FL 34680-0235
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Michael,

Sent you a PM.

-Dana
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

Michael,

There are plenty of Dojo's in your area. Frank Gorman has a new Dojo of Hillsborough Ave/ Old Tampa Road just near the split. Uechi Dude knows exactly where its at. There is also George Shreaffer, Rick Martin and one other dojo all in close range of each other. I am working out in Seffner with Sensei Ken Washington on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and There is a dojo at the Brandon Rec. Center where Uechi Dude is located. Like I said you got plenty of choice's. Good luck with whichever one you choose.
zwerdling

Post by zwerdling »

Thanks for the info. Seffner and Brandon are a little far, but I'll check them out if all else fails. I have been to see Ric Martin, might be more than I can afford, sad to say. Anybody have a phone number or current email for Frank Gorman? I did get one, but want to be sure I've got an updated one. I'm new to the forum, will try to get hold of Uechi Dude.

~Z

Post by Guest »

Frank Gorman works out at the Golds Gym in Clearwater. Forget the name of the road but it's off 60.. just as you cross the causeway, you turn right and go down a few miles.
zwerdling

Post by zwerdling »

Thanks. I've talked with Frank. His latest contact info, by the way is:
Frank Gorman
1805 Peppertree Dr.
Oldsmar, FL 34677-2741
813-267-6685.
Uechi Dude

Post by Uechi Dude »

Well Zwerdling I hope to see you at Sensei Franks I go there every Saturday noon class.
Live for the journey , not the title's :)

Return to “Locate a Teacher or Dojo”