New Uechi dojo in SW Ohio!

Locate a teacher or instructor in your area. Also a forum for posting information about your new or unpublicized dojo.

Moderator: gmattson

Greg

New Uechi dojo in SW Ohio!

Post by Greg »

Calling all Ohioans (Ohioites?)…

Within the next month, I will begin teaching Uechi-Ryu Karate at the Downtown Dayton YMCA. The room in which we will be training ain’t pretty, but it’s spacious, and available! I have also convinced the powers that be at the Y have that students will not need to have a Y membership to sign up for the class. I’m still working out the details in terms of fees, but the class will most likely be held on Wednesday evenings, probably from 7-8:30. Because of my work schedule, I will only be able to commit to one day a week.

Also because of the nature of my work (active duty Air Force) there may be times that I am unable to make the class. I am hoping to skew my instruction toward those with a previous Uechi-Ryu background, both because of my teaching preferences and so that if I am out of town for work, a more advanced student can perhaps cover the class temporarily. I have already spoken with two individuals (with previous Uechi experience) who have called me with questions and who have expressed interest, but I am sure there are more folks in the area who have trained Uechi in the past, and I hope to drive them out of the woodwork!

Please tell anyone you know who lives in the general area that there will be a new Uechi dojo in town (actually the only Uechi dojo in town – or for that matter the whole area… if there was one I’d be training there!). If anyone has any questions about the new dojo, or about me personally, please feel free to e-mail me at <A HREF="mailto:gpostal@earthlink.net">gpostal@earthlink.net</A> .

greg

Return to “Locate a Teacher or Dojo”