Why people post and don't post

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi All
A few reasons I have not posted for some time is quite simple ,one I do vanish from martial art circles periodically its my way .out of this period of self imposed exile new things are seen,I block out all interchange with martial artists then return a new.

Another major reason is after losing Kay, areas of neglect have accured within ongoing projects she instigated my task as been to stop the rot .

max.
max ainley
gmattson
Site Admin

Hi Max

Post by gmattson »

Good to hear from you again. We all understand your sorrow and pain.

You are always welcome here. Sometimes its good to just get away from everything and everyone.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Michael L.E. Court

Post by Michael L.E. Court »

Hello,

Thought I would just chyme in here. I post when there is positiveness in thoughts and sharing of knowledge. I tend to read alot and absorb alot .... thats just me.

I dont post when its negativeness and/or filled with difference of views that is argued for the point of 'nil'. Different stokes for different folks as there is more than one way to sweep a floor. . .

Humbly,
Michael

Post by Guest »

$10,000 times 30 particpants = $300,000 more good than you're doing by making an ass out of yourself on this forum.

Thank you,

Gary
I might suggest that when moderators engage in personal attacks over differences in viewpoints many become reluctant to post. We are all humans and frawth with our own failings. However one would expect the wardens to protect the site from this garbage not cover us in it. I'm disappointed to see this happen again. (moderators slinging personal insults)

For the record ,I've had nothing but respect for Gary...to this point. He is a true professional and he continue's to challenge himself and continue to grow his skills! This is the path we all wish to follow, he has managed to do it full time!

However these ten thousand acts of kindness should not give one the right to call folks asses if they fail to understand your path, or express a different point of view. Makes those acts kind of ring empty I think!

I liked Daves point that most of us don't count acts of kindness we just do them because they should be done. I know Dave personally and suspect he indended no personal attack.Dave doesn't count his good acts he just does them. If opinions are not welcome the forums we should not allow access to the submit button.

BTW Ted made a great post about why one might choose to pursue this test. For me it was enlightening, and much more helpful in understanding the world through the eyes of a professional. Some of us non pro's don't see the world the same way as Gary...we are busy working and doing other non martial menial tasks.... like raising our families and paying down the mortgage.We have failed to see the world through the eyes of the pro....thanks for helping us see it both ways Ted!
KerryM

Why I usualy STOP posting

Post by KerryM »

I can't delete the fact that my name is in here it won't let me there isn't a delete button
Last edited by KerryM on Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gmattson
Site Admin

Words can be misunderstood

Post by gmattson »

Kerry. . .
Whether these people, who no longer post and will not defend their position here, are whimps or simply individuals who don't feel they should have to read about how what they practice is inferior to what is being done in other styles or by street fighters or the UFC.
Sounds like something I said. . . but not meant to be insulting to people who don't post. . .

Rather, the sentence was meant to justify why many people stop posting.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

:(
Last edited by KerryM on Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

(deleted) Hate changing history but I understand it may be embarassing.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

might I request the messeges aimed at me be deleted as well? unless that's inappropriate to ask-

k
Last edited by KerryM on Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

:oops:
Last edited by KerryM on Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Kerry this forum is for sorting out issues , not creating them , You are reading a very old thread that has been dealt with .

Your portrayal of Laird is as far from the truth as you can get , But one has to know him , if you were writing such things about me I`d consider it nothing short of character assasination .

It`s clear from your usuall posting that your an openhearted considering individual , I think youve lost your way a little here . Maybe you have the wrong Idea about this forum .

Forum rules State discuss issues and NOT PERSONALITYS , this forum is for when it becomes a grey area and we can sort these things out .

It is not a NHB arena where we go to offer inferences and criticisims of people on the forums .

With this in mind I ask Sensei Mattson to delete your offensive post , as in keeping with forum policy , I`m glad youve apologised to Laird as he`s one of the most giving and encouraging individuals I have met , and hardly as you portray him .

I consider him a close friend and Mentor .

As for why I dont discuss spirituality and the MA , it`s because to me to acheive spirituality through the MA you have to approach through the Martial and a approach of facing truth , without this you cannot face your own self to a true degree . This I do discuss , how to test myself and confront reality .

Ricks forum is full of discussion on Philosophy and spiritual approaches to the MA , when he talks of the old masters and there mental approaches to MA .

to em spirituality isnt something that is brought through matial arts , its something that is brought by self revelation , and that means confronting yourself . Any tool is as good as another

Post by Guest »

(deleted)
Wha daur meddle wi' me ?

Little Jock Elliott 1566

Marcus my friend thanks for the kind words, nice when your family has your back!
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

I am just getting into this thread, and I just cannot believe it. I feel part of this, in a way, because George’s old comments about people not posting, were mainly addressing some of the issues, and threads, I had discussed in the past.

As an aside, I don’t agree with Gem’s assessment of why people don’t post.

Some people would never post, even if we kissed their asses, because they hate us, hate what we stand for, are envious of our success, and further _ are intimidated to get on board, having nothing to say, are unable to spell, write with good grammar, or put together coherent sentences.

Quite frankly _ I am appalled at what has gotten into you, Kerry. I have met you and your husband, and you are both fine persons.

Then _ Why would you intentionally violate the rule of no personal attacks, to begin with, and why would you want to dig up a dead thread to target Laird personally, with such offensive remarks?

What has the man done to you to deserve such shabby treatment, especially in view of the fact you did not understand the general thrust of Gem’s comments to begin with as per your own clarification.

What made you “pick” _ and continue to pick on and badger Laird?

A word of advise, Kerry: these forums are public, and can be read all over the world.

Laird has brought up the “legal” word.

Essentially what you have done and continue to do, in allowing your original posts to stand without deleting, amounts to “libel”_ and this exposes you to legal liability. Post a question about libel and slander in the legal forum and see.

Libel
A false publication in writing, printing, or typewriting or in signs or pictures that maliciously damages a person's reputation. b. The act or an instance of presenting such a statement to the public.

This matter would be best resolved if you were to delete all you have written and to post a sincere public apology to Laird on the open forum.

Best to act classy, Kerry, as I know you can. :wink:
Van
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

I truly didn't mean to offend anyone- I would like to offer an honest apology to all concerned and assure you it won't happen again. I never ever meant to be offensive.

*bow*
kerry
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Kerry,

Your apology is a good thing. But it would go further if you were to personally write the apology to Laird on the open forum, and, most important, go to your posts and delete them completely. :wink:

Regards,
Van

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”