How can we avoiding being Insulting ?

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

Oldfist

Post by Oldfist »

Bill Glasheen wrote:
I don't know where to start... I'll just brain dump.

<snip>

My best to you all.

- Bill
"We must become the change we want to see" -- Mahatma Gandhi

In that spirit I apologize to anyone I may have offended on this forum.

Peace,
John
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

So, there have been comments made by Bill about my school and my students previously that I felt had a certain intent and I said so. That is the way my students read this comment and reacted. (Not just Laird by the way.)
I`m sure this was a reason for the highjacking In hindsight , Everyone wants to support there friends .

Bill I thank you for your honest reply , I think It goes a long way to burying the hatchet .

we are all human after all .
However it is worth mentioning that there is baggage here. It is not possible sometimes to have an honest, healthy discussion without the pit bulls coming out and barking. I am deeply saddened. But this too shall pass. It's no reason not to engage and move on.
I`m glad It`s out and all have had a chance to vent a little , good progress , Seems the vsd forums might just work after all .
Forever learning. Forever helping each other learn. Never disparaging. Always respect.
good rule of thumb here , I`ll try live up to it .

Bill we may very well meet one day , plans have changed and I`m no longer planning on attending camp , But i`m a traveller and am sure I`ll get the oppurtunity sometime to buy a round .

Hope all is settling in the other areas of your life .

Marcus
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Marcus

The first round is on me.

John

How can I thank you? You are wise beyond your years.

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

It's interesting how you can say something, and have it interpreted 2 or 3 different ways depending on the perspective and the prejudices (history) one brings to the dialogue.

To avoid confusion, and out of my respect for Rick, I edited one part of my first post on the thread. It took several tries...

As my dad says, "It's that damned English language." But indeed it's more than that.

I apologize for the confusion.

- Bill
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

I forgot who originally said it but .....

England and America , two great nations divided by a common language ....

I appreciate the candor Bill , and recognition of others perceptions .

this could all turn out to be a positive learning experience for all of us

And I have now retracted Lairds Permission to call me an Ahole :lol: :lol:
I’ve already called the man an A-hole. What I must do is say I’m sorry I called Marucs and A-hole, he is not an A-hole, in fact I am an A-hole for calling him such and I apologize for my unacceptable behavior. We then must try and discover why I called him an A-hole in the first place, so we can fix the real problem.

****note I have Marcus’s permission to call him an A-hole in this discussion.

I declare the great Ahole debate closed :D

Post by Guest »

I have now retracted Lairds Permission to call me an A-hole
Darn if I new you were going to do that I would have exercised the privilege more often mate. :lol:

I too hope this exercise has been a beneficial exercise for all of us. We must stop hanging our dirty laundry in public and find out what is causing us to soil our knickers in the first place. 8O When we realise what sets it off possibly we can reduce it. This can only be accomplished by taking a honest look at ourselves. Hopefully we can do that, I would like to return to more productive dialoge.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Image :microwave:
Van
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Great to see something settled without getting too ugly.

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”