VSD Kihon

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

LenTesta

VSD Kihon

Post by LenTesta »

Vladimir:
You are correct in your assumption that a mugger will more often than not attack someone whom they consider to be weaker than them and therefore an easy prey. They do not want to resort to violence if they can help it. Some attackers will run if they are met with resistance especially physical, but it all depends on how much the perp needs your money. If they are drug dependant and need the money for a fix, they may kill you for the money. You have to assume that they are going to harm you if you resist. I would only fight if I can be assured that I will get hurt whether I give up the wallet or not.

------------------
Len Testa

[This message has been edited by LenTesta (edited September 14, 2000).]
Panther

VSD Kihon

Post by Panther »

It's not lonely in here... there's lots of voices!

Wu Wei

VSD Kihon

Post by Wu Wei »

I recall hearing someone suggesting that if someone is trying to carjack your car and is attempting to force you in the car, to grab at your heart, make a big sigh, and bend over or fall to the ground (faking a heart attack) (this was geared toward a general audience who may not have any self-defense skills whatsoever). I don't know if I would do this myself, but I thought it was interesting since it's not something I would normally think of doing.

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”