Son Is Featured On Local MMA Pay Per View

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
david

Son Is Featured On Local MMA Pay Per View

Post by david »

my son, Kin, is going for his third win in the AFO MMA league. His strong point is striking but he's been holding his own in grappling. (He's done well in gi and no-gi NAGA novice class comps).

Anyway, if anyone is interested...

http://afomma.homestead.com/LastManStanding.html

david

Time flies.
robb buckland

Congratulations

Post by robb buckland »

:D 8)
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
gmattson
Site Admin

David...

Post by gmattson »

Good to hear from you. . . Hard to believe your son, who I remember as a child, is now fighting in the MMA ring! Wow, how time flies.

Good luck to him and please keep us posted as to his progress.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
david

Yup. Time's Flying...

Post by david »

Think I took him to the summer camp when he was around 13. He enjoyed the experience and really solidified his interest in practice. He was a "pain to train" before because he he didn't have consistent focus, questioned too much, etc. I used to say to him, "Why are you asking about that when you can even do this basic move right now?" Anyway, he really settled down and started to seriously "just train", first several years with me in boxing/kickboxing drills and sparring and then onto in his current gym for around MMA.

Anyway, last night, he upped his amatuer MMA record to 3-0 with a first round knockout by a roundhouse kick to the opponent's head. His first two MMA fights were by TKO and submission by rear naked choke. He also competes in NAGA (grappling) and SanDa/Muay Thai (kickboxing) comps.

Time flies.

david
gmattson
Site Admin

Hmmm. . .

Post by gmattson »

Sounds like your son has inherited many of his father's fighting talents. I'm looking forward to seeing some of his fight clips on the internet. From the sound of your posts, he is destined to become a champion.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
JaySal

Post by JaySal »

Hi Dave.

WOW, that is GREAT! Would love to come and see his match. Take care, and hope to see you soon.

Jay
Jay Sal
Semper Fi
david

Thanks, Sensei, Jay

Post by david »

Number 1 son is not as natural as number 2 son. Kin actually works very dilligently at his skills, 6 days a week, after school work.

At some point, the fight video will be on the 'net. Actually, some of his earlier fights are on the 'net. But, here's the brief write up for the AFO fights:

http://americanfightingorganization.com/Results1.html

No more comps for kin 'til the summer. He's got to focus back on school work and "just train" for the fun of it.

david
david

Trailer for the AFO Fight DVD

Post by david »

1:20 into the trailer... Given that the fight lasted 1:40 in the first round, that about covers most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKKYiCK ... r_embedded

david
JaySal

Post by JaySal »

Hi Dave.

The trailer looked great. I checked out the clip and that was one great round house kick and knock out. Please let me know the next scheduled match. Hope to see you soon.

Jay
Jay Sal
Semper Fi
david

Post by david »

Hi Jay,

Saw your email from work. I don't seem to have your personal email. Send me your info. We should try to schedule again for dinner.

PS. Kin's last match was supposed be the last one for awhile since amatuer MMA in MA was going to go on hiatus. The MA boxing commisson agreement to act as the governing body for professional MMA but not the amateur MMA classes had put amateur fights in limbo. Kin was just going to do MT/Sanda/NAGA matches in state and fight MMA in neighboring states. But just heard KRANE has agreed to sanction the amatuer MMA fights in MA. Only ole buddy, Tony C, is heading KRANE. Small world, Interesting stuff, etc, etc...

david
mhosea

Re: Trailer for the AFO Fight DVD

Post by mhosea »

david wrote:1:20 into the trailer... Given that the fight lasted 1:40 in the first round, that about covers most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKKYiCK ... r_embedded

david
Oooh. Nice kick. Backed his opponent up with some good punching and then nailed him. Note to self. If backing up, back up fast and back up far.
Mike
david

Honestly...

Post by david »

Anyone who does enough contact sparring knows that sooner or later anyone can land a knockout punch -- by skill or by luck.

What I liked is the way Kin immediately followed through by pouncing on the downed opponent (He was pulled off by the referee before landing any further punches). The push to "finish" is definitely a trained skill and not luck.

david
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi David,

Watched the clip...your kid is king...a chip off the old block all right :D

He will be a champion :)

All the best,
Van
david

Post by david »

Thanks, Van sensei. Whatever he puts into it.

david
david

As requested... Active Link...

Post by david »

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”